Pubic boat ramp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pubic boat ramp?

Some of my wifes friends invited us to a beach house they have rented next weekend near San Louis Pass. It is on Defender Lane, which is in between Terramar and the SLP bridge.

I am bringing my boat and was wondering where is the closest public boat ramp that I can use to get into the bay? I know I can launch at the KOA, but was wondering if there was one on the south shoreline of West bay somewhere near Terramar or Bay Harbor area?

Thanks in advance for any help.

The Marina in Sea Isle has a public ramp. I hear their is a nice watering hole right there as well. :-)

Can't help you with the pubic ramp. Sorry.

Comment

sea isle has ramp, bait, gas, food and bar.
      the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

I launched a month or two ago at the public ramp at sea isle, my truck was almost under water before the boat floated.
        I'd put in at KOA

Comment

Ok so... dont use the ramp at Sea Isle?? Can anyone else confirm this, or was the tide maybe way out when you tried to launch?

I can just launch at the KOA. I fish West Bay regularly and usually launch at Lutes, but havent been over by the pass in probably 3-4 years. I wanted to get out real early while I was down there and wasnt real fired up about navigating through the guts and sand flats around Bird Island in the dark.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

If you can't launch your boat at Sea Isle at low tide you'll never launch at KOA... Good luck getting out of that channel at low tide (unless they've dredged it)

I'd launch Sea Isle & try & use the ramp closer to the bay instead of the parking lot... Sometimes the patrons that frequent the bar only give you 1 ramp to use (outside).

When in doubt go launch at Pirates or Jamaica 2 great launches that are easily accessible.
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I launch from the Sea Isle ramp a lot. You do half to back up a little further than most ramps but I can still launch there. A really low tide you can't do it. I launched a 22' Blackjack several times there last week. Super low tides or winter time you can forget it.

AQUA PIMP
              AQUA PIMP......
              "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Dont be dissing the marina "so called public bote ramps". if your car goes under water launching, just shut up, go in the bar and drink a $3.50 beer, look at the bar maids **** and you'll have a good story to tell later.

Comment

Originally posted by 45 ACP View Post
                  Ok so... dont use the ramp at Sea Isle?? Can anyone else confirm this, or was the tide maybe way out when you tried to launch?

I can just launch at the KOA. I fish West Bay regularly and usually launch at Lutes, but havent been over by the pass in probably 3-4 years. I wanted to get out real early while I was down there and wasnt real fired up about navigating through the guts and sand flats around Bird Island in the dark.

Thanks for the info.
                  I have a Baby Cat, Koa and the skinny water around bird island is not an issue , at Sea Isle's the public ramp is not steep enough, just my 02. Jamaica is a great ramp, just takes forever to get in the bay

Comment

I launch there all the time In the summer koa sucks getting out and you still have to get across the sand bars at the pass to get to west bay which adds running time if your gonna fish west bay I'd go sea isle
                    Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Freudian slip? LOL!
                      From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

If you're a resident of Sea Isle, ya have a key for the "real boat launch"-it usuaully is chained/locked, so don't be surprised if you launch at the "private ramp" when it's unlocked/open and come back to find it locked.
                        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
                        X