Jamaica Beach RV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaica Beach RV

My daughter has a Girl Scout overnight function at Moody Gardens and since there's no dads allowed I'll be at the camp sight. I like surf fishing, but the few times i get to go i do most of it on Mustang Island and am not at all familiar with Galveston waters. I am not opposed to bay fishing. No yak but I do have small 1-man pontoon. We'll be there early June. Any tips, suggestions, or pointers? Thanks

Nice. That's what I was hoping to hear. Thanks.

Comment

"Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Surf it up sir.
        KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Get wet and get some fish in the surf.
          "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. It appears I will be fishing the surf. A follow up question, what technique do you recommend? I usually fish the surf using my 13 foot surf rod casting out as far as I can chunk my bait and Sputnik sinker. However, from reading the posts here, the preferred method is to wade and cast lures. Is this correct? If so where should I target my casts and what's the preferred surf lure? Is long rodding productive in the surf in these parts? I'm fully equipped to do both, but I want to make sure I take the right gear. Thank you in advance for your help.

Comment

Working...
            X