Fatality at Hugo Point yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatality at Hugo Point yesterday

Heard about an airboat accident killing 1 male, injuring 1 female in serious condition and 1 male driver escaped without significant injury. Be safe on the water! Prayers up to all those involved.

I was out there yesterday and never saw the GW, Sheriff etc. I wish we had more patrol because I was almost mowed over myself! It made me so upset that I decided to return to the ramp and get off the water. The above mentioned accident apparently happened after I had already left the area. Again keep those involved in your prayers.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Sad news. Glad you got off that water and let them have it, Coe. Got to be extra careful on holidays for sure.

Comment

Sad, read somewhere that it was a steering cable failure.
      Don't be a Nancy!
      If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Hearing now it was a Jon boat with a 150 hp.

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
          Hearing now it was a Jon boat with a 150 hp.
          From what source?
          Don't be a Nancy!
          If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

I heard about a death last night but didn't know were.Sad indeed.
            I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
              I heard about a death last night but didn't know were.Sad indeed.
              very sad
              MANVEL MOB

Comment

It was a empire boat not an airboat 1 got lifelighted other is serious injured and driver had minor injures my prayers go out to all three and hope everyone recovers.

Comment

Sad to hear. Galveston County Sheriff Department boat was in Offatts Bayou giving out tickets, U.S. Coast Guard was also there.
                  "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Everyone heard wrong. We were out there for the weekend and I was at the launch when they came in. It was an aluminum boat with a 150 merc on the back. Saw the crash site and was at the launch when they came in. Boat launched 30 feet into the bank and flipped. The boat landed on the operators best friend and killed him. I fished next to the guy who was first on the scene and started CPR. The girl was the deceased girlfriend. She was hurt badly and was pinned by the leg under the boat. Paramedics were on the scene and continued CPR with no response. Justice of the Peace was called to declare 1 dead. The girl was lifelighted and according to the wardens that night, was undergoing surgery and in critical condition. That was according to the game wardens. She seemed in a lot of pain at the launch. I got in my truck to make a phone call and saw the operator in the bed of my truck. He didn't seem to have any inuries but obviously was pretty distraught. I cannot say alcohol had anything to do with the accident and do not want to make that assumption but from the point of impact, the boat had to be going extremely fast in a cut that was just wide enough to barely fit two boats through. Sad deal for everyone and prayers to all families and parties involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Robn1020 View Post
                      Everyone heard wrong. We were out there for the weekend and I was at the launch when they came in. It was an aluminum boat with a 150 merc on the back. Saw the crash site and was at the launch when they came in. Boat launched 30 feet into the bank and flipped. The boat landed on the operators best friend and killed him. I fished next to the guy who was first on the scene and started CPR. The girl was the deceased girlfriend. She was hurt badly and was pinned by the leg under the boat. Paramedics were on the scene and continued CPR with no response. Justice of the Peace was called to declare 1 dead. The girl was lifelighted and according to the wardens that night, was undergoing surgery and in critical condition. That was according to the game wardens. She seemed in a lot of pain at the launch. I got in my truck to make a phone call and saw the operator in the bed of my truck. He didn't seem to have any inuries but obviously was pretty distraught. I cannot say alcohol had anything to do with the accident and do not want to make that assumption but from the point of impact, the boat had to be going extremely fast in a cut that was just wide enough to barely fit two boats through. Sad deal for everyone and prayers to all families and parties involved.
                      thanks for the info....
                      MANVEL MOB

Comment

This is the same area where some guy hit TXSHOCKWAVE in his mud boat. That shortcut is dangerous!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                          This is the same area where some guy hit TXSHOCKWAVE in his mud boat. That shortcut is dangerous!
                          Agreed, Coe. And very shallow as well. It is very hard to idle through and during low tide you will still churn up mud. Add that to a few tight turns and it spells trouble.

Comment

prayers to all, sad day on the water
                            TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Sure hoping alcohol (or any other substance) was not involved. The operator is going to go through h%ll as it is. Very sad for everyone.

olepal

Comment

Working...
                              X