ID:	572018
    "Laissez les bons temps rouler"
    "Leh-seh leh boh taw roo-leh"

Paul Marx made one -- Post it up Paul!!
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Looks like a spreader bar used for trolling

Comment

They work like a charm for bass fishing!!!! We sometimes hook two at a time, obviously necesitating heavy braid. And yes, throwing it all day will wear you out!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
          Paul Marx made one -- Post it up Paul!!
          He made one?? Dang dude, WTG, nice rigging. I guess if I had the gear, and a way to do it, I'd try is for sure..

Comment

Originally posted by RSN View Post
            Looks like a spreader bar used for trolling
            Exactly right, we used those up in Rhode Island off the coast, trollin for big Blues and very big Stripers.
            The worked there, why not here as well??

Comment

Isn't that kind of what people are calling an Alabama rig these days?
              From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

The same.

Comment

Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
                  Isn't that kind of what people are calling an Alabama rig these days?
                  The Alabama Rig, "http://www.cabelas.com/bait-rigs-manns-alabama-rig-2.shtml?WT.tsrc=CSE&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z _mc_id1=1326678&rid=40&mr:trackingCode=1B531566-D159-E111-BC1B-001B21631C34&mr:referralID=NA&mr:adType=pla:

Looks just like it, except that it is $24.99 at Cabelas. I found it for $4.99.

http://sworminghornetlures.com/index...&product_id=60.

Comment

Amazing. For $5 it's gotta be worth a try.
                    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

You have to buy three of those for them to check you out. I just bought a few for bass fishing where I know they work. 15 bucks for 3 is an incredible deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Robn1020 View Post
                        You have to buy three of those for them to check you out. I just bought a few for bass fishing where I know they work. 15 bucks for 3 is an incredible deal.
                        I saw they were for Bass, and also on a TV show, where they were catchin big stripers with them.
                        Now for big trout & reds, I am wondering how they will hold up? Cabelas has those ones for $25. ish,
                        you think they are any heavier, or will the $5.00 ones stand up to the strain ?

Comment

Originally posted by GhostMarine View Post
                          I saw they were for Bass, and also on a TV show, where they were catchin big stripers with them.
                          Now for big trout & reds, I am wondering how they will hold up? Cabelas has those ones for $25. ish,
                          you think they are any heavier, or will the $5.00 ones stand up to the strain ?
                          I wouldn't see why not. They have wire leaders that connect em. I will tell you this from experence with bass. If you hook two at a time, hold on cuz its a fight. Cabelas has em for 25. Gander mountain has em for 14. These were much more economical. Just a tip, use braid. Itll hold up a lot better if you hook multiple fish.

Comment

Paul's fish chimes

Comment

Originally posted by Robn1020 View Post
                              I wouldn't see why not. They have wire leaders that connect em. I will tell you this from experence with bass. If you hook two at a time, hold on cuz its a fight. Cabelas has em for 25. Gander mountain has em for 14. These were much more economical. Just a tip, use braid. Itll hold up a lot better if you hook multiple fish.
                              Yes, for sure. I always use braid anyway, it all started back when Spiderwire first came out, now I'm
                              fishing with Fin's XS Braid, http://www.finsfishing.com/xs.aspx. I was hooked when I dragged a 5lb
                              largemouth up from 8ft deep, and the tree he got his self wrapped around. From then on, it was
                              braid only on all my reels..

Comment

Working...
                              X