Braided Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Swells View Post
    All that braid is basically the same stuff, and most fishermen upgrade their braid well over a line strength of 12 to 17 pounds so quality doesn't matter all that much. About the only help is on various coatings or stuff to prevent wind knots and that's it. Spectra is made by Honeywell and Dyneema is made by some oddball European company named DSM. That's all you get.

Shimano bought out PowerPro and for about a year or two had production problems over in the Orient, which they fixed several years ago. Today it's good stuff. You can pay more for Sufix and so forth, but why? Sufix made a name for a high quality IFGA offshore tournament mono line, not super-braids. Their mono is rated about 30% higher than what the line test says - but not the braid.
    good point
    MANVEL MOB

Comment

I like braid overall, and I've been using 20# PowerPro for a while now and having pretty good luck with it. I've even used some of the H2O brand without any problems.
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Use 30# whatever I can find, it's all the same after a couple of trips...sometimes take the light stuff offshore and at least want the line to have some backbone...cause you never know!
        Don't be a Nancy!
        If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

I Like suffix.Never had problem with it.

Comment

I'm using 30# Spiderwire on one rod/reel and 40# Power Pro on the other combo. Haven't had any issues with either. Haven't been using braid for that long though so......

Comment

PowerPro, hands down!

Comment

powerpro super slick is the 1 i like now

Comment

Working...
                X