Big Lake Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Lake Trip

Headed out to Big Lake Sunday. Was greeted by Capt. Kelly Bickham and some delicious Fry Redfish. We stay at his place just south of Spicers. Nice place for sure.Woke up the next day to one heck of a storm. We had booked two boats with him and his son. While we sat their at the dock waiting to see if it was still on, we watched several guides call off their trips. He told us he thought the weather would break and was willing to still go but it was up to us. We saw a break in the weather and headed out to some back lakes. I fished with his son braden and the girls went with Capt Kelly.

We retired around 1 pm with 5 limits of reds and one trout only to have to hang our heads when the girls produced 3 limits of reds 6 trout and 3 flaties. They threw back 14 reds. Talk about kicking our arse.

Returned back to the house and Capt Kelly cooked up some killer crabs and all the fixins. I addded a pic of the first batch of crabs.

Day two 4 limits of solid reds and 7 trout. The girls ended up ith 13 reds 12 trout and 6 flatties.We had our limits of reds by 7:45am. Back at the ramp by 11am. If you want to fish with a straight up guy Capt Kelly or Braden would be one of them. Class acts or sure.

Enjoy!!
    Attached Files
    Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Nice mess of fish Corndog!

Comment

great report and a big smile thats living bro!
      MANVEL MOB

Comment

Awesome trip buddy!
        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

WTG! That was a mess of fish!
          West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Looks like that gator is waiting for some of those fish scraps, You better get that fillet knife & get busy that Gator is looking at you awful hard!

Comment

They told me the gator had just started showing up. The bird reminded me of the Karate Kid. Wish I would have had a killer camera on this trip. We saw some amazing wildlife along the way!!! You got to love the Cajun Way of Life. The heritage is still there and they are proud of it and love to share their hospitality.
              Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Sweet! That big arse pot of crabs looks awesome!
                Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
                  Sweet! That big arse pot of crabs looks awesome!
                  That was 1 of 2 pots we had 100# of crabs. We had a party man it was great!!
                  Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Dang that looks good and sweet catchin to boot...hey, you didn't see a short sawed off runt riding around Big Lake, standing on a milk crate did you?
                    Don't be a Nancy!
                    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

good to see you had a good time!
                      the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Wow! That's awesome!
                        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
                          Dang that looks good and sweet catchin to boot...hey, you didn't see a short sawed off runt riding around Big Lake, standing on a milk crate did you?

Comment

Nice catches! The crab look great! Awesome!
                            "I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of!"

Comment

I'll take a mess of reds over trout any day. Especially if someone else is fileting them.

I was supposed to be out there Monday as well, but lost my spot on the trip to a higher bidder.

Good job to corndog and the crew!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X