Need Some Advice ASAP on a new boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Some Advice ASAP on a new boat

I am looking at getting a 2010 Haynie with a 175 Mercury on the back. The boat seems solid to me, just have not rode it in yet. I have heard water pours over the back of these things when you are putting it in the water. I just don't know much about them so I figured I would ask her and see what the thoughts on this were. Any help would be appreciated. I am also thinking of getting the shoalwater, but finding a used one it not an easy task.

Any feedback good/bad will be great.

Thanks,

DB
    KEEP IT WET..

TEXXAN1?????
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Can u buy me one too!

Comment

What kind of Haynie?

Im assuming your talking about the 21 cat?

Water can come over the back of the 21 cat when you launch, not a big issue... It can also come over the back of the cat when you come down of plane suddenly.

Its a super skinny water boat that handles chop fairly well.

I have the 24 Cat, which is a Beast!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The 21 cat is great for shallow water, but I have only ridden in one a few times. They are pretty fast as well.

Capt Thomas
        Capt. Thomas Barlow
        281-827-6815
        www.notoriousguideservice.com

Comment

On a second note, I would not buy ANY boat that I have not test drove.. Period
          Capt. Thomas Barlow
          281-827-6815
          www.notoriousguideservice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Texxan1 View Post
            On a second note, I would not buy ANY boat that I have not test drove.. Period
            I do mean the 21 CAT. Do you have the same issues with the 24'?

Will the cat 21' handle the bay system around here on the windy day??
            KEEP IT WET..

Comment

My uncle is selling his 23 explorer with a 200 vmax just buy it.
              Karma's a beach.

Comment

Originally posted by Xpress89 View Post
                My uncle is selling his 23 explorer with a 200 vmax just buy it.
                What year? How much?? I like the Haynie and the Shoal...
                KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Ill get all the info one second
                  Karma's a beach.

Comment

Whatever you buy, just make sure it's comfortable for an older gentleman that weighs around 260 and goes by the nickname Curmudgeon!
                    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

ride before you buy

Comment

Haynie is the boat de jour! it's just another over-hyped, over priced flats boat. IMO
                        "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
                          Whatever you buy, just make sure it's comfortable for an older gentleman that weighs around 260 and goes by the nickname Curmudgeon!
                          You got it, just trying to make the right choice. Gonna take it for a run Thursday.
                          KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Good Luck!
                            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marx
                              Hayne is a good boat , but remember cats lose displacement . My real boat will have a V to cut the chop, trim tabs to lift the azz and put the nose down , jack plate to lift the motor , pocket drive to lift water up to the motor . Look at the boats that run for miles of Keys . Oh and at least some kind of sides to keep my beer box from slideing off . There's no perfect boat . Think about what you want to do in reality . Do you want to fish the jetties? Do you want to run for miles of open bays to get to a flat ? Are you thinking about the heavy 4 stroke so you can run the distance ? Do you need this or that ? If you buy a boat to handle everything are you going to except the fact that you may have to wade ? Will you want to go off shore ? You've got some big disicions to make . Don't jump the gun because you've got to have a boat now.
                              DANG

Comment

Working...
                              X