Rainbow Trout 1-20-13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rainbow Trout 1-20-13

Went to Crenshaw this morning. Not good...couldn't get a bite. I did get to meet FP10. His little girl is a sweetheart.
    Decided to head to Eisenhower Park and they were biting. Put 4 nice ones in the box and lost 2 other keepers. I put back 10 to 12 small ones. Fish were up close to the bank. Used Power eggs (magnums).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rainbow trout 1-20-13.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	573293Click image for larger version

Name:	Power Bait.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	573292

Rainbow Trout 1-20-13

Wow that looks like some good eats ! Congrats !
    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Hit the pond again today myself. 9 rainbows fell to the gold Duper and Orange Rooster Tail. All released in great condition. Good job RC!!
      TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

Just an FYI guys it is against the regulations to relase any. Be careful.

Comment

I never ate rainbow trout how does it compare to sand or speckled trout?

Comment

Originally posted by FP10 View Post
            I did not know that? Why is that do they die once you catch them?

Comment

Originally posted by The Fisherman View Post
              I did not know that? Why is that do they die once you catch them?
              It is because they are stocked and will not live long once it starts heating up. I have seen people get tickets(might have been a written warning or something though) for releasing them.

Comment

Originally posted by FP10 View Post
                Yikes!! First I heard of that FP. This is my third year catching rainbows, and I was doing it because I saw others
                releasing them. Thanks

Comment

I checked the rulebook and website and can't find any imfomation stating C and R is against any Regs.
                  So I sent an email to Texas Parks and Wildlife Department. I'll let you guys know what they say.
                  Thanks again FP. Don't want to be breaking ANY rules.

Comment

Make sure you tell them which park you are at, Each park might have their own regulations.

Comment

Originally posted by The Fisherman View Post
                      I never ate rainbow trout how does it compare to sand or speckled trout?
                      Ya I wonder what its like too?
                      "Our most great and glorious achievement is to live our life fishingly"

Comment

I don't see it anymore either. I know for a fact it used to say it. Either way I am not going to do it since I have seen a game warden write someone up for it.

Comment

They taste great! Pan saute'ed in butter. I go to New Mexico on a trip each year. But last year we didn't go so I made a trip to Bane Park on the north side of Houston and caught 4 on the gold super dooper. they were good.

Comment

Never been told, or read for that matter, that I am not allowed to release a fish. Interesting any way.
                            TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

Originally posted by FishinAddiction View Post
                              Never been told, or read for that matter, that I am not allowed to release a fish. Interesting any way.
                              It was just for the rainbow trout becuase their survival rate was so low to start with. If someone has an older book I am sure it is in there.

Comment

Working...
                              X