468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When the reds have got their noses down!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hogie70 View Post
    Ms Addicted knows a lot about this topic. Lol if she says Buggs then by god Buggs it is. This chick is on a redfish roll lol. Pay attention when the Barlow's talk redfish if you want to learn.
    I bought a few at the boat show but have yet to try them. But if she says they work...
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

That is everyones answer is tie on a gulp??? WOW good advice... Why not just throw out a mullet/shrimp??? It is no different IMO... LMAO I have seen guys throw a gulp out and not even move it and catch fish lol...
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by Hogie70 View Post
        That is everyones answer is tie on a gulp??? WOW good advice... Why not just throw out a mullet/shrimp??? It is no different IMO... LMAO I have seen guys throw a gulp out and not even move it and catch fish lol...
        Giving away your secrets again?
        Don't be a Nancy!
        If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
          Giving away your secrets again?
          yes sir anything to help out or two youtzzzz...
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I use a strike king bitsy bug mini jig in watermelon, and put a black head with blue pincher craw on it and it makes it look like a small blue crab.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mini jig.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.2 KB
ID:	559619Click image for larger version

Name:	critter craw.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	5.1 KB
ID:	559620
            Son of the Republic

Comment

Lol, yes they do work. We are not affiliated with Buggs in any kind of monetary way. We fell in love with the lures and now we are on his pro-staff and often field test new models.

I realize that Buggs haven't been around all that long and certainly other things work for finicky fish including gulps and flies. I've caught my share on gulps and a few on topwaters thrown a ways away from them which sometimes gets their attention and sometimes spooks them. Same with paddle tails and other plastics. Its just that Thomas and I have found that the Buggs have a soft entry and look so natural that the fish don't really react to them other than to think that they are some little edible critter sitting there. We are often in the poling skiff so we are literally watching the redfish react to the lure. Its the coolest thing to see them feed!

The Buggs are made of bunny fur which undulates in the water and looks alive. The way we work them usually is to land them as close as possible to the cruising or tailing fish and give it a gentle drag not a hop. The drag serves to get their attention as it looks like something moving away from the feeding fish. The buggs are weighted at 1/8, 1/4 or 3/8. He had even done some halfs. Typically we throw 1/4 (3/8 if we need more distance). Color choice does also make a difference depending on what kind of water you are fishing.

We dont often have fly fishing gear with us so to throw a fly at a tailing fish isnt something we usually do.

Comment

Thats some great information! Thank you!

Russ

Comment

Great report
                  FPIII

Salt Water Fishn Is My Heritage

Comment

Working...
                  X