Wading around Sea Isle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wading around Sea Isle

I'm pretty new here & my family recently inherited a house in Sea Isle. I'll be here with the wife & 10 month old until Wednesday. I will probably only have time to wade a couple mornings and maybe an afternoon but was curious what you guys recommend. I was planning on wading by the Sea Isle pier and possibly hitting the surf if it lays down but that doesn't seem likely. I'm a little leery of wading SLP by myself so I figured I'd throw this out and see what you guys recommend with the expected wind.

Park by the pier and wade toward Snake Island. There is a large grass flat you can fish on the way over. It's a long walk to Snake Island and depending on the tide it may get too deep to reach it.

I haven't looked at the tide or the wind but I would hit it early and throw a mod sized topwater until about 7 or so them switch to your favorite soft plastic. Snake Island Cove isn't exactly a prime summertime spot but if you have limited time and mobility, give it a go.
    "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Had a 5' Bullshark destroy a 5 lb Redfish in Snake Cove 2 days ago. Happened in about 2' of water and was an awesome site the way the Shark blew up on and attacked this Red. Was just 1 less Red I had to clean. Watch your stringers!!!!! This Shark attacked while I was fighting the fish, luckily it didnt get the topwater.

AQUA PIMP
      AQUA PIMP......
      "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

What Jerkyourcroaker said would be the easiest for you to do, but I have to agree the tide would have to be low for him to actually get to snake island reef. Be careful because boats to run through there to get into snake island.
        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Holly crap Greg, that would have been crazy to see. Chip and I were just in there on Thursday.
          Originally posted by aqua pimp View Post
          Had a 5' Bullshark destroy a 5 lb Redfish in Snake Cove 2 days ago. Happened in about 2' of water and was an awesome site the way the Shark blew up on and attacked this Red. Was just 1 less Red I had to clean. Watch your stringers!!!!! This Shark attacked while I was fighting the fish, luckily it didnt get the topwater.

AQUA PIMP
          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

I just realized you said 2 days ago, we were in there 2 days ago as well, but in the evening time. Glad he wasn't around seeing Chip's son was on his first wading trip with us.
            LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

He was there..... He was just full.

AQUA PIMP
              AQUA PIMP......
              "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Re: Wading around Sea Isle

Originally posted by aqua pimp View Post
                He was there..... He was just full.

AQUA PIMP
                Oooofffffff
                MANVEL MOB

Comment

Wading around Sea Isle

Lmao
                  We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

You might check galveston island state park ' s Dana cove .

gee , pimp , good thing you weren't in waders . It would take some scrubbing to clean them out . Ha !
                    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Thank you fellas very much. I'll let you know how I make out

Comment

Working...
                      X