Saturday's fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday's fishing

How did ya'll do fishing yesterday ? If you were out on the water, you enjoyed a perfect day for fishing. But, the water was way up and not much water movement. Fish must be scattered and up in the grass. Me and a friend fished around Jones Lake , waded Campbell's, Sand Ilsland. Had 3 school trout to show for all day , besides skipjack's, croaker ,and sand trout. A 1/4 oz. Johnson's silver spoon was the best lure for me yesterday. Anybody do better ? Tough day. OK, make me look bad and tell me if you had a better day.
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

same as last week, one keeper trout on a topwater on the north shoreline. it tried a drift thru dana's cove, drifted the north shoreline, waded the north shoreline, then drifted greens.
    today i drifted around campbells and picked up 3 dink trout. i'm taking up knitting, this f*#@ing sucks!!!
    anybody need a sweater?
    michelle

Comment

You need to come back from the dark side to the fishing side Plugger...

Comment

We fished with bait Friday and Saturday, tried everything and had no luck at all. The water was very high but the stingrays and hardheads were in abundance. We caught one fish large enough to keep and threw it back in disgust because we didn't want to clean it. It was a nice sheephead though.
        Attached Files
        Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

Comment

Yesterday I caught a hardhead and a ladyfish
          Yeah, and all the muchachas they call me big pappa, when I throw pesos their way!

Comment

funny how things work out.....
            my four stroke was bogging down at 4500 rpm. So, I replaced the fuel filters and took son out for a trial run. We brought our rods just in case. We fished for an hour and caught a few redfish. This was more special because we used artificals (really first time for son). He caught two on the pearl gulp. I caught an 18 incher on green/orange paddlebait. Also, we were just trying new places and did really well. Son loved the trip because there were no expectations and he caught.

Oh yeah, boat ran great! This was in Seabrook.

Comment

We didn't fish Saturday, but Michael and I went out this morning. Fishing conditions didn't look that great with the super high tides and dead calm winds all morning. At our first stop we found shrimp being blasted along the shoreline. We could see the wakes of the fish chasing them. If you didn't cast within three feet of the bank, you didn't get a bite. The bite there lasted about an hour and we caught three trout, only 1 was a keeper, 2 keeper reds and a flounder. We were using small topwaters, catch 2000 and paddle tails. Made a run to another spot, but the water there was gin clear, I rather fish muddy water than clear water. Left from there and ran down the shore, found a spot with shell and bait and we picked up a 19" flounder, lost another one and a few lady fish. Next we tried a mid bay reef and picked up a couple of 18" trout and another flounder. Still no wind and it was noon by now. About the time we left there the wind started to pick up and we headed to some flooded grass flats. There we picked up 2-19", a 23" that was pushing 4lbs., a few throwbacks and Mike lost a 25" trout. We caught those working fatboys along the grass edges. If the wind hadn't picked up I believe we wouldn't of caught a thing there. It was a grind today, just catching a few here and there, but turned out to be good day.

Comment

I was out this morning for a few hours on the S. shoreline. Not even a blowup on the SS Jr. Switch to jerk shad and get bit first cast. Caught 2 17" specks and 1 22"er. Kept a 16" flounder. Lost a few good ones.

The wind was dead out there this morning. A little breeze for comfort and drifting would have been nice.

Comment

Fished upper Trinity with my son. Tops early and then plastics. Managed a few keepers.
                  Attached Files
                  Saltmadness

Comment

Me and wife went out late. Moses Lake it was nice out there. No hard heads. Caught a few croakers. Wife caught several croakers and 1 spec.

Comment

Brazos you every stop at" the spot" for a burger and beer
                      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
                        Brazos you every stop at" the spot" for a burger and beer
                        They make a GREAT Burger!
                        sigpic
                        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

YES THEY DO ESPECIAL AFTER GOOD DAY ON THE WATER
                          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

got into some huge bull reds wadeing a shorline near blockade runners on topwater.. some other guys hit up the jetties and caught 2 nice bull reds and a 30lb ling
                            Boats and hoes.

Comment

Thanks to all for the input, helps build a base of info for planning a trip. Sounds like we should have been wading flooded grass coves. KEY LIME KAYAKER , I know who you are with your cryptic post. No use hiding by not filling out " about me " on yout profile . Did you fish this weekend , you yaker only ?
                              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                              X