Saturday's fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fair trip to mata.

Yeah, me and the two sons took out the mother duck (20' Gulf Coast) without the kayaks and did the East Matagorda thing. Birds were working, but no really big trout. Kids had fun though and it wasn't crowded. Jamie caught a nice sheepshead on a curly tail gulp.

Comment

LIES, ALL LIES !!
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Got a report from the dock at Blockade Runners on Friday. The action was steady with many fish boxed. The big reds are in there.
        From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Thanks for the reports.
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by key lime kayaker View Post
            Yeah, me and the two sons took out the mother duck (20' Gulf Coast) without the kayaks and did the East Matagorda thing. Birds were working, but no really big trout. Kids had fun though and it wasn't crowded. Jamie caught a nice sheepshead on a curly tail gulp.

my east matagorda trip report is down in the matagorda section. we found size and numbers. But we weren't chasing birds. stuck to the wade all day.

Comment

Donna and I jumped in at 6:30 on Saturday and fished until 6:00 PM that evening. We covered a lot of water and only managed two flounder, two keeper trout and 2 undersized reds. I threw every topwater I had in the bag and did not catch one fish. Threw plastics and had some success. Water was green, but the tide was really high. BTW, went to SLP yesterday with Green Tide and the water was so clear you could see 10ft. down. It was really nice to be on the water this weekend, just wish we could have caught a few more fish. Oh well, bad day fishing is better then a good day at work!
              LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Working...
              X