Oysters ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oysters ??

I'm sure craving some good oysters on the halfshell. Anyone know a place that is selling them by the dozen
    at a good price.
    I am even open to getting a 1/2 sack somewere.
    I Don't like the Large ones. Prefer them in a Medium size.

TIA

everywhere i have been lately they are 8 or 9 dollars for a half dozen, fkn crazy! any one know

a happy hour spot with good oysters?
    the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Try the place on 22nd st. and Moses Lake. I see the oyster boats unloading there all the time. Don't know if they sell to the public but may be worth a shot. You may be impressed with the surroundings but I can tell you there's no fish there.

Comment

No Fish in Moses....LOL

Comment

Bought quart at roses in Seabrook for 18.99 couple days ago...

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Comment

Hillmans seafood. Dickinson bayou.
            Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
              Hillmans seafood. Dickinson bayou.

yes , Hillman's on Dickenson bayou . Going south on 146 from Kemah take the exit just before the bridge and take an immediate right on Hillman's street . Go a mile and it's on the left . I've been thinking of going and get a gallon shucked . Boyd's is cheaper but you get fewer oysters in a gallon . Hillman's have the best by far and I drive from the west side of a Houston to go there . You can get a quart or sack , probably half sack .

Seafood market on Fountainview between Richmond and Westhiemer have Matagorda oysters . More expensive but best place for in houston seafood .
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Thanks guys,
                Ended up going to Hillman's and buying half a sack for $20

Comment

Did you happen to ask where they're from ? Galveston bay ? A few years ago they had ones from Louisiana that were the best ever . Please let me know what you think of them . I'm going to get some soon .
                  GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Henry I didn't think to ask. I was wanting some in the medium to small range. All they had was small, but that's ok.
                    I just shucked the first plate and put them in the freezer for a while to get nice and cold.
                    They look sure look good. Tabasco and Red sauce with plenty of horseradish is waiting.

Comment

Taste really good Henry. Wish they were a little bigger, but they sure hit the spot. Going back to prep some more.

Comment

I'm heading over there Monday for some. I'll ask when I go.

Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life.
                        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Great ! Thanks Dale . Catsup and plenty horseradish and fresh lemon juice with Keebler butter crackers . I don't like saltines .

Comment

Thanks Bruce . Tell me your opinion of them too please .

Comment

Floyd's has them by the dozen and fresh shucked. In pearland anywayz.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
                              KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Working...
                              X