chocolate bay/bayou boat ramps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chocolate bay/bayou boat ramps

I need some advice on the best boat ramp around there. My concern is the depths this time of year. I've launched from Lute"s once before and had no problems. Should I have any concerns launching there or at the 2004 bridge? Thanks for y'alls help. Merry Christmas to all! and God bless.

I have never used Lutes. I never have a problem launching at 2004 even when a northern blows thru.

It was only about 2 ft deep in the ramp the other day. So if you can launch in that you should be fine

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    KEEP IT WET..

Comment

There's some here who fish chocolate exclusively and may know more than me, but the 2004 ramp is launch able most of the time and quick access to the channel. Welcome aboard!

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm a new boater. I've ran into mud a few times and really don't like it, lol. I have an 18ft bay boat with 12in draft, but with engine and all I think I hit bottom closer to 18in. I'm comfortable in 2ft of water. Thanks for the help and thanks for the welcome.

Comment

Lutes can be tricky in the winter. Go to 2004 and lauch, but buy your beer, ice and other goodies at Lutes. They are good people.

I remember one cold December morning, castaway300 and I had to push the boat off the trailer at FM 2004 (not enough ramp or water). We were able to jack the motor up and slowy ease out.

Comment

Be careful not to back trailer off end of ramp...especially when it's real low.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cold beer View Post
              I need some advice on the best boat ramp around there. My concern is the depths this time of year. I've launched from Lute"s once before and had no problems. Should I have any concerns launching there or at the 2004 bridge? Thanks for y'alls help. Merry Christmas to all! and God bless.
              Lutes is my choice for convenience and the friendliness of Barb, Cody and Darlene. For 3 bucks their ramp is fine if you know your boat transom and trailer. Last week I was waitin and yaking to a couple that had a bay style boat with a huge engine. He was trying to launch by depth of his trailer wheels and fenders and his engine was down. I finally convinced him to raise the drive and stop the trailer with 1-2" of transom above the water. His wife was freakin cause he had water goin over the transome on 2 previous tries.She also accused him of leaving the boat tiedowns on. I could tell it made him a little upset and I laughed to myself. I've done that a few times myself. He tried again and the boat went in fine. The tide was low and still going out so I asked what their plan was and they were fishing until dark which by then the tide would not be so skinny and higher to load the boat.
              He did mark a place on the fenders and tires as I guess old habits are hard to kick.
              Winter time it would be nice for Barb and Cody to get the lift working again and not hassle with the ramps.
              "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

Lutes does have friendly and good people there. I was there back in October and they were very helpful answering my questions I had about navigating the bayou and bay since it was my first time out in chocolate. I usually fish with my wife and daughter or my elderly Dad and Uncle, so I try to find places where all they have to do is back the trailer for me. We love to fish, so winter doesn't stop us. I learning the winter weather brings the shallow water. Thanks for all y'alls help. Like I said, we love to fish, which we do well, but catching is another story. LOL

Comment

Catching can be the downfall of us all at times but can't keep the love of fishing suppressed

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm surprised no one mentioned Horseshoe Bend/Woodys. The ramp is protected and the water is always deep. Never had a problem launching there.

Comment

We launched at Lutes this morning, and picked up around noon. We had no problems at all. Very good ramps. Only 3 trout, water temps 50/54*. Fish were out in the bays.

Comment

Originally posted by tynker View Post
                        We launched at Lutes this morning, and picked up around noon. We had no problems at all. Very good ramps. Only 3 trout, water temps 50/54*. Fish were out in the bays.
                        Tynker Lives!!
                        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Horseshoe is so freaking steep but it is a nice place to leave your vehicle

KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Originally posted by Gulfcoast13 View Post
                            Horseshoe is so freaking steep but it is a nice place to leave your vehicle

X2 I wish they would fix that ramp or the lift. I had heard they were gonna shitcan both the lift and tje ramp and build a nice double wide ramp

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
                            MANVEL MOB

Comment

the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X