jetties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jetties

Anybody been fishing the jetties? Last time I went out with my dad a few weeks ago and got skunked, not one bite.

heard they were catching some trout off the surfside jetty
    the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Saw on TOS that someone caught a 9-3 on the jetty past weekend...leading the Star Tournament. Don't know which one.

Comment

Originally posted by SCHU View Post
        Saw on TOS that someone caught a 9-3 on the jetty past weekend...leading the Star Tournament. Don't know which one.
        thats them dudes that chunk the live ballyhooo
        MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
          thats them dudes that chunk the live ballyhooo
          yep

Comment

Both jetties can be great this time of year and through the summer.
            TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

I need to get out there and get me some trout

Comment

I've heard ballyhoo are trout magnets . I wonder why ..... and how they compare to croaker as a bait ?
                GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Years ago when I came to Galveston to check out UTMB me and a buddy fished the 91st St. pier. I was using live shrimp with no success. There were these kids netting needlefish out of the lights (not ballyhoo. Needlefish have a full-length top jaw, ballyhoo have a long bottom and stubby top jaw). They would go around with a pool net until they got one then fish it right away. Frustrating seeing them pull 4lb trout out right next to you when you are getting skunked!

Comment

Ballyhoo must be mighty tasty for trout . Needle fish too.
                    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
                      Ballyhoo must be mighty tasty for trout . Needle fish too.
                      big trout love them.

Comment

the hard part of them ballyhoo is toting that generator and lights all the way to the end of the jetty and drinking beer for 8 to 10 hrs waiting to catch live ballyhoo in the lights 3 cast nets tore up in the rocks later you get a ballyhoo or 2 but they do catch PIGS! I work too much to do this anymore but I have all the stuff.
                        MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
                          the hard part of them ballyhoo is toting that generator and lights all the way to the end of the jetty and drinking beer for 8 to 10 hrs waiting to catch live ballyhoo in the lights 3 cast nets tore up in the rocks later you get a ballyhoo or 2 but they do catch PIGS! I work too much to do this anymore but I have all the stuff.
                          you got that right. lol Sunday?

Comment

Working...
                          X