Surf condition report 5/29 Surfside to SLP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf condition report 5/29 Surfside to SLP

Just drove down to SLP fromSurfside to check surf conditions.

In the Surfside jetty pocket was was semi-clean greenish. Not a lot of weed in the surf.
    The surf itself was moderate to rough. Wadeable but you're really gonna earn it.

The farther toward SLP I went the WORSE the water condition became.

At cell tower/old access #5 the surf was rough to very rough, the color of chocolate milk with enormous amounts of weed in the waves.
    Offshore about 300yds water was very nice dark green.
    It was like that all the way down to the Car Bodies.

SLP itself looked better on Brazoria County side but was still off color. Galveston side was nice clear green.

Cold Pass was okay,mostly green, slight off color.
    X-mas looked pretty good actually.
    Arcadia Reef looked good too.
    Drum was still off color to brown.
    West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

That's the report I was looking for,thanks bro.I was wondering what the water looked like down in that area.
    TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

Nice report moonpie! I hope it holds for the weekend.

Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life.
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Sounds like the pocket is the place to be...probably try to fish it Saturday...
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the recon MP.
          With all the runoff at the MOB I will be looking for better surf for a while.

Comment

Based on Moonpie's report, maybe I should change my plan for the AM and fish the pocket as opposed to Peregrine Condos. I have never actually fished the pocket. How hard is it for a clumsy, old, hungover, fat man (before sunup) to get down those rocks between the road and surf?

Comment

It's not hard at all.
              Park where I can see you on the surfhouse cam.

Comment

You should look into being a meteorologist since they never help. Except for Chita Johnson. Thanks, MP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                "I love the smell of napalm and watermelon slicks in the mornin'...."

Comment

Originally posted by shutout View Post
                  Based on Moonpie's report, maybe I should change my plan for the AM and fish the pocket as opposed to Peregrine Condos. I have never actually fished the pocket. How hard is it for a clumsy, old, hungover, fat man (before sunup) to get down those rocks between the road and surf?
                  Shutout, park along the beachfront road between the two abandoned houses on the beach. There is a dedicated parking lane there all along the road. Its real easy to step onto the sand there and on down to the water. Easy-peasy.
                  If you go down past the abandoned house closest to the jetty you'll have to climb down the rocks.
                  Or you could go all the way down to the beach there right by the jetty itself.

NOTE: The water in between the jetties was mud. Oyster Creek is flooding out and going out and down the Intercoastal and out thru the jetties.
                  West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Comment

Dat's some good info!
                    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Wow ! What a comprehensive , extensive report ! Well done . Thank you ,
                      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by shutout View Post
                        hey , are we related ?
                        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

hows it looking?
                          the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Took a quick look on my way to work about an hour ago.
                            Right there in Surfside the surf was rough. You're gonna earn them fischies today.
                            Couldn't see color because of darkness.
                            Tide was up and still coming in.
                            Wind was from W to WSW. Very light breeze. Just a breath.

Comment

Makes me feel bettah
                              MANVEL MOB

Comment

Working...
                              X