Plan B: 5-31-14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plan B: 5-31-14

Ibtsoom & I planned on a last minute surf wade this morning @ 6. When I got out onto
    The sea wall I could see it was a little rougher than I wanted to wade, but I figured I'd let Ibtsoom make the call since he was driving farther. I answered my phone to hear "Heck no", so it was time for plan B on the bay side.
    Sun was already coming up by the time we got into the water and the tide was ripping in. Mike was working an assassin and got the first strike with a nice whiting. I was throwing a corky to little result so I switched to a black SS jr. and started getting some blow ups. They kept short striking, but kept coming back again and again. Mike got a keeper trout on a topwater and I finally hooked one up about 19". I kept getting blow ups and snagged a nice 21".
    We'd been keeping our eyes on a storm that was getting too close for comfort and decided to head in. We were out of the water before 10.

Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life.
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Great report. Good job guys.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Cool! WTG! I've got to stop wrenching on my boat and go get wet.
      "You've got to think lucky. If you fall into a mudhole, check your back pocket, you might have caught a fish" - Darrell Royal

Comment

Great job guys. Topwater bite has been solid this week. Sorry I missed your calls last night - oh wait, I didn't get any calls last night.

"Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Originally posted by Jerkyourcroaker View Post
          Great job guys. Topwater bite has been solid this week. Sorry I missed your calls last night - oh wait, I didn't get any calls last night.

Funny....my phone must be broken too.......
          So I went out by myself this morning (eddie -efish-got run over by a beer truck last night and didn't call either, as planned). Ended up near Hanna by 6:30 and had 8 in the box by 10. Kept 4 for the lazy drunk. The boats around me were all using croakers, and I was fishing arties. I didn't see one trout on croakers (but they were beating up the snot sharks) and when a boat next to me saw me steady catching they asked me what I was throwing and they matched my baits and they started hammering them too. Must have caught 5 or 6 shorties and a slew of sandies. All the trout keepers were over 20" up to 24".

Click image for larger version

Name:	5-31-14.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	560861
          Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
          "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Thanks for the reports, guys! At least they started biting for them that goes...maybe getting out there real soon!

Comment

Nice box Termo!

"Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Very nice.
                Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
                  Nice box Termo!

Right back at ya! Looks like you guys did well, too.
                  Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
                  "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Nice,nice blue boys and Mike!!!

Comment

Nice going.....Bruce,Mike and John!!!

Comment

Right on

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Comment

Great reports and pics Bruce and Termo. Fantastic job. Lord Bless.
                          robert
                          And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

That's awesome!

Comment

Nicely done , John ! Dang , I need to finish digging dirt and go fish .
                              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                              X