Question for waders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for waders?

What/how many do you carry with you, artificials that is, when wading and in what do yo carry them? I am looking for a way to be a little more effecient without being weighed down with stuff. The bag I carry now is ok, but I'm looking for a better alternative. Thanks!
    Moe
    Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

I have a wading belt with small tackle box that the belt slides thru from FTU.
    It depends on the season as to what I carry....
    Summer-
    2 soft plastics colors, a dark and a light, maybe 6-8 of each with 5 jig heads or so of a couple different weights. Lots of topwaters ( maybe 3 skitterwalks, 3 mirrolures, a couple SSP jrs, and a regular old superspook). And then also 2 gold spoons and 2 silver spoons (1/4 oz and a 1/2 oz, maybe a 3/4 oz if fishing the surf).

I would like to put a whole bunch of different colors of plastics but when I honestly think about it, I throw two different colors 90% of the time so its pointless to load the box up with soft plastics.

Winter-
    4 soft plastics colors, maybe one or two topwaters, no spoons, and all the corkys I can fit.
    XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Moe,
      I pack real light 2 packs of lures & 2 packs of hooks... Topwaters, Catch 2000 or Corkeys???? I get the assorted treble hook covers from Academy and cover the hooks and put them in my pocket.... Like I said I pack real light.... I hope this helps you....
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Over the shoulder box is the ticket

Comment

I use a small box (yellow latches) in an over the shoulder bag with velcro close. It has four compartments. Jigs & plastics in one, Mirrolures next including 2-51MR, 2-Catch 2000 jrs. a Rapala sub-walker or Catch 5, next Corkys 2-fatboys, 1 or 2 regulars, 2-Devils, last topwaters, 2-Shedog, a Rapala Skitterwalk, SS and SS jrs. Colors I like are slvr/blk/wht, bone, prl/chrt, grn/slvr/wht, pink, and combinations of those. Colors change....
          "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Curious on how many people use more than one rod when wading.

I fish with a fair fisherman that has one curado 200e and one shimano spinning reel that he carries most of the time in East Matty or mid coast. One rigged with a plastic and the other with tw or corky dependnig. The buddy sticks his in the back of his waders behind his shoulders.

Fished with Shane M and he has his back pack that he uses with the two rod holders shoulder high.

Belts seem to not do well in the winter around here keeping the spare reel dry with the deeper wading.

If you carry two rods how do you keep the spare dry.

fwiw I use the FTU box in the small bag with shoulder strap. Still gets in the way but easier to get to.

Comment

Mine all fits nicely in my wading belt usually 3 topwaters 2 shedogs and 1 or 2 ss jrs, 3 corkys 2 devils and one fatboy,catch5, some roach colored plastics and some assorted motor oil pink and chicken on a chain and limetreuse and my leadheads
              MANVEL MOB

Comment

And if I'm on a long wade I usually carry an extra spool ready to go.
                MANVEL MOB

Comment

What NWILKENS said about HOOKSET over the shoulder wade box. I have it bulging with corkys, devils, fat boys, floaters, 51 MR 's, broken back, spoons, top waters,catch 2000's, plastics, paul brown swivels, jig heads......yep, everything.....
                  Last edited by plugger; December 27, 2009, 09:43 AM. Reason: more stuff
                  GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Keep it simple and don't think so much. One or two boxes on a wader belt with a few tails and some topwaters. overcast, off color water, I use dark colors. Clear and sunny, I use lighter colors. OR do want Donna does. Nothing but a very small box with a few jigs heads and a bag of 3" new penny shrimp gulp She out fishes most of us with one bait all the time. She might not catch the monsters, but she get's her fair share.
                    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Corkys, tops, catch 2000 and a few plastics and jigheads in the winter.
                      Tops and plastics summer.
                      sigpic
                      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Chip, I found a catch 2000 in my tackle box! I will have to try it out soon!

Once I see Jamin, I will have my corkies
                        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer21 View Post
                          Chip, I found a catch 2000 in my tackle box! I will have to try it out soon!

Once I see Jamin, I will have my corkies
                          Hey....that must be mine! Give it back.
                          sigpic
                          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

[QUOTE=JimD;49255]Curious on how many people use more than one rod when wading.

I fish with a fair fisherman that has one curado 200e and one shimano spinning reel that he carries most of the time in East Matty or mid coast. One rigged with a plastic and the other with tw or corky dependnig. The buddy sticks his in the back of his waders behind his shoulders.

Fished with Shane M and he has his back pack that he uses with the two rod holders shoulder high.

Belts seem to not do well in the winter around here keeping the spare reel dry with the deeper wading.

If you carry two rods how do you keep the spare dry.

I don't usually do long wades, especially in the winter. I've really never needed more than one rod on a wade. I always have a spare in the boat.
                            "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
                              What NWILKENS said about HOOKSET over the shoulder wade box. I have it bulging with corkys, devils, fat boys, floaters, 51 MR 's, broken back, spoons, top waters,catch 2000's, plastics, paul brown swivels, jig heads......yep, everything.....
                              pluggers like a floaing academy i've seen him. moe take a little of everything out there when your wading the more lures you have the chances you have to find out what they want to bite on.
                              I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Working...
                              X