Question for waders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! Thank you all!
    I have started carrying three rods with me. One withe a top(ssjr), one w/crank/jerkbait, and one w/plastic. I can lay two of the rods across my do-net. My bag usually has a box of tops and cranks, and i usually carry 3 or 4 different colors of plastic. The one concern I have is getting everything wet. The colors on the plastics bleed and i hate rusting hooks on my hardbaits and jigheads. I really appreciate the feedback. I've got a couple ideas to help out!

Moe
    Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Originally posted by Moe View Post
      Wow! Thank you all!
      I have started carrying three rods with me. One withe a top(ssjr), one w/crank/jerkbait, and one w/plastic. I can lay two of the rods across my do-net. My bag usually has a box of tops and cranks, and i usually carry 3 or 4 different colors of plastic. The one concern I have is getting everything wet. The colors on the plastics bleed and i hate rusting hooks on my hardbaits and jigheads. I really appreciate the feedback. I've got a couple ideas to help out!

Moe
      Get you some speed clips or norton quick twist to change lures easily there is no need wading with more than one rod IMO. When you get hope simply wash out your wading box with plenty freshwater then let the lures dry good before you store them
      MANVEL MOB

Comment

Two rods: one for tops and one for soft plastics. I just switched out the spinning rods to a BillyStix for the soft plastics. Bait casting for the tops.

Two boxes in wading belt. One has about 12 tops, assorted colors with two smaller ones for light wind. Second box is small with 3-5 Soft plastics and 6+ spoons.

And two beer holders on my belt. I can not understand why it is so hard to find a wading belt with more than one beer holder...fishing without beer is like PB+J without the J.

Comment

It is good to know that I am not the only one that has enough gear with him.

I take grief each year when a group of us go mid coast fishing in the spring. Course when ever some one has a rod break or tears their waders who do they kiss up to??? Had Fish Finder calling across the bay one day to drift the boat over and loan him my spare rod as his only rod on the trip was abused by a big red. My spare waders went another evening when someone let the BBQ pit spit too many embers.

Used to hunt South Texas in the 80's and learned it was easier to be prepared than have to drive into Laredo to buy anything that you needed. Was hard enough to have to drive into Miranda City for Ice a meal at LaLa's.

One of the reasons I bought a Baby Cat this summer was so I can carry what I want and fish when I want.

Trouble is I have been so busy at work and small farm that it has not been in the water much this fall. Need to find a few good fishermen that want to go occasionally.

Comment

i use the one in my belt and use a over the shoulder box also.1 box has my plastics and extra jigheads and the other has my corkies,topwaters and catch200's
            Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Working...
            X