Galveston east bay hazards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galveston east bay hazards

What do ya'll know about motoring around East Bay after Ike ? The big debris removed pretty much ? Most debris along the shores ? Any particular hazards to share ? I know it's had to try to pinpoint a hazard by conversation, but, thanks.
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Originally posted by plugger View Post
    What do ya'll know about motoring around East Bay after Ike ? The big debris removed pretty much ? Most debris along the shores ? Any particular hazards to share ? I know it's had to try to pinpoint a hazard by conversation, but, thanks.
    I havent been recently, but was over there about a dozen times after and never had a problem. Not saying they don't exist, but a few trees here and there, and a couple decks floating were all we encountered. i imagine all that is pretty much gone by now though. You want have any problems...go for it!
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Thank you for the info !!
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Plugger -- I know there were several trawlers contracted by the state to clean out a bunch of stuff -- Pretty sure most of it is gone. My father saw barge after barge of anything from lumber to refrigerators to cars hauled out after the clean up effort started. There are still quite a few trees and other junk right along the shore around Smith Point otherwise you should be all good. -- I don't fish over there much but I've been over there quite a bit on my fathers shrimp boat since the storm.
        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Thanks, IBTSOOM.

Comment

I think that most of the trash is cleaned out by now Henry. If you are heading over there and have a particluar question, PM me.
            http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

I have to agree

Spend alot of time over there this past fall and most of the stuff is gone , except for some stuff on the north shore east of robinson..
              Capt. Thomas Barlow
              281-827-6815
              www.notoriousguideservice.com

Comment

Working...
              X