It Must Be The Weekend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Must Be The Weekend!

Check out this crowd. It looked like people were catching some here & there.
    Attached Files
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Here's a larger image.
    Attached Files
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

I decided not to fight it this morning. Too much for me.
      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Wow, slick calm! But it really right on time...not too much weed. Seaweed, that is!!

Comment

Water looks great. Thanks for the pic Kenny.

Comment

Well how was the fishing? Was it worth going?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

i thought yesterday was the weekend. All the bait shops in Surfside had lines out to the highway at 5:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_A View Post
                i thought yesterday was the weekend. All the bait shops in Surfside had lines out to the highway at 5:30 AM.
                That was crazy!
                I went by them 5:20 and the lines were long.
                Bet those at the end didn't hit the water till way after sunrise.

I fished with shutout and we both threw spoons.
                The few we caught were nothing near the size earlier this week, just barely keepers.
                Shutout also caught a mack.
                We left early, got too crowded to cast with all the swimmers.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_A View Post
                  Friday IS the new Saturday!
                  "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Wow!!
                    "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Comment

That was crazy!
                      I went by them 5:20 and the lines were long.
                      Bet those at the end didn't hit the water till way after sunrise.
                      Fine reason to throw lures. Always hated waiting on bait, heaven forbid they are out or just have gigantic shrimp. Could have been thowing lures an hour ago.

I fished generator lights on the seawall midnight until dawn. 1 thump on jigs, buddies with croaker caught 3 hardheads. Sunrise came and none of the dozens of shrimp thowers hooked up by the time I left at 7am.

Makes me really glad I'm not a weekend warrior.

Comment

Glad I stayed off the water. But tomorrow's Monday. That's my fun day.

Comment

I'm heading out tomorrow. Not from around here - what area (generally) were those pics taken?

Comment

Early Sunday morning the crowds were out in the surf too, near the access point at Mile 13. Didn't see hookups and no birds.
                            At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Great pix Kenny. Thanx. I miss the surf and look forward to hitting it soon.
                              Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
                              "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Working...
                              X