Pompano anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pompano anyone?

Just spoke with a guy who "claims" he pulled Pompano out of SLP. I know they can be had near south mustang island but thats a ways from west G-town.

Has anyone here pulled those tasty Pampano out of Galveston? If so, details please!

Kyle

I've done it.... trade secret though Green water is your friend...
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Yep
      Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Yep- in the surf.
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I've caught them in the surf

Comment

I've caught them inside of the SLP about 1/2 mile inside (to the northwest) where the flats drop off into about 6 feet of water. Usually they are in there with monster gafftops and skipjacks.

Comment

Damn, I need more friends that fish....... How have I not heard about this before???

I'm gonna make it a personal goal to get on them this summer.

Thanks y'all!

Comment

Yes, pulled several from the surf at slp. And caught one by bird island fishing the guts.
                "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Comment

I have caught 3 in my life. One in the Mississippi River, about 1/3 lb. One in Titlum-Tatlum, about 1/2 lb. And one in Cold Pass about 1/2 lb. They were all very small. VJER Vic caught a keeper off my boat in 2007 at the T-Pier (Chun's Pier) in Cold Pass. Dead scrimps were the bait each time. I've eaten pompano at restaurants, but never one I caught. Vic jealously guarded his at the cleaning table, then didn't even invite me over to help him eat it. He kept it all to himself! LOL. Miss you Brother.
                  From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

I have caught a couple in the surf
                    MANVEL MOB

Comment

I caught one at the jetties

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
                      sigpic
                      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

They put up hell of a fight for such a small fish. Every time I thought I had a decent sized red or black drum but then you see this 1 1/2-2lb. fish breaking the water.
                        "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Comment

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
                          I caught one at the jetties

were you wading in knee deep water out there?

Comment

It was a little above waist deep....about 17'

sigpic
                            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

I've caught small ones walking the south jetty rocks , 2 or 3 times .
                              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                              X