Triple tail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triple tail

I was day dreaming of this past summer of all the great trips we had but there is one in my mind where i hooked into about a 15lb triple tail in lower galveston. Never got to land it. Wifey was alittle two slow on the net job. Or maybe it was the two or three jumps it made before it sent my go to summer trout lure in the air. Ofcoarse i could never let her know there wasnt much we could of done. Besides its easier to point the finger. Anyway, has anyone ever landed a tripletail in galveston bay? And im nit talking at the jetty or pass. I was ten miles or so from any gulf inlet and just a week before i found one doing their famous playing dead trick close to swan lake. I know they have a healthy population in matty. Maybe we will get more of them coming inshore this summer.

I've seen them several times where chocolate dumps into the west end of the bay but I've never caught one in the bay.
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
      I've seen them several times where chocolate dumps into the west end of the bay but I've never caught one in the bay.
      That's very wired I've seen them several times where the diversenary dumps into the bay !
      10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

I hooked one up Moses bayou by the fourth hole of the golf course with a four iron. Oh yeah, that was a gar.

Comment

I had a friend catch one while we were wadefishing down in Rockport one time. That was peculiar.

JYC
          "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
            That's very wired I've seen them several times where the diversenary dumps into the bay !
            Yeah yeah
            Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

I'm cross wired

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Fried triple tail at the round table tonight , that's just one of his tails in fryer itsboom !

10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

I have witnessed them at the same place that ibtsoon has. very close to the geotubes in lower West bay.

Comment

Looks good ray ray

We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I caught one years ago at Alligator point and released it. I didn't know what it was. Haven't caught another one.

Comment

Have caught them in Upper Galveston Bay/ Trinity Bay but very rare. Last one was over a year ago when we saw it by some floating grass while running back to the launch. Excellent table fare.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Seen one near tire reef he would not eat my soft plastic but he would chase it

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
                          MANVEL MOB

Comment

Hey that fish in that grease looks like catfish JUST SAYIN'

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
                            MANVEL MOB

Comment

Have y'all seen my girl friend?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X