Rollover Closing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rollover Closing!

We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

What a drag

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    MANVEL MOB

Comment

What ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

I read that some lady with an old, old map shows that a natural pass existed there. To me, the closing is BS but is gonna happen and now a park and fishing pier (which the pier will be wiped out in the next major TS or a hurricane and be a huge waste of funds.
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

that is bs

Comment

Yep now more and more folks in west bay. I'm moving to Sargent or Rivera.

Comment

Wont that directly effect the outflow and inflow to the flat behind it, It seems that environmentally it will do more damage than good. Doesn't that specific area depend on that flow for the revitalization of the fishing grounds back there? Or is the thought that east bay has that covered. just seems like a bad idea to me.

Comment

It's a bad idea all around. They will kill east bay and it will take many years to recover. This is the GLO in collusion with the county. Makes me sick. I grew up fishing that side of the bay.

Comment

Rollover allows silting in of the intracoastal canal . It will certainly change the dynamics of the east end of the bay for the worst . They say more sea grass may grow in The east end . Overall the closing of rollover pass will be bad for the bay and the regulars who fish there .
                  GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Most people don't like change, any of us, and when change is coming people generally go negative right away as a default.
                    No one really knows what will happen to Galveston East Bay when Roll Over is closed. I will say that East Bay has a huge direct connection to the Gulf for water exchange/tidal movement, and being a relatively closed system sure hasn't hurt East Matagorda Bay, now has it?
                    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
                      Most people don't like change, any of us, and when change is coming people generally go negative right away as a default.
                      No one really knows what will happen to Galveston East Bay when Roll Over is closed. I will say that East Bay has a huge direct connection to the Gulf for water exchange/tidal movement, and being a relatively closed system sure hasn't hurt East Matagorda Bay, now has it?
                      Excellent point. East Galveston bay was without rollover pass from the time the bay formed until the 1950's. I think it'll survive. Will it change things? Yes. Is that good or bad for us or the bay? Time will tell.
                      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
                        Very well said Kenny. Green to you

Comment

The government using "eminent domain" is next to impossible to beat. It's like a pipeline company condemning property for an easement. About the only thing the private parties that actually own rollover pass can do is try to get more $$$. I feel sorry for them and those that don't want it closed.

They ought to call Mr. Bundy from Nevada and get him down here.

Comment

Your dead on about the change and no one really likes it. But who knows maybe we will see a positive result.

Comment

Good , valid point , KENNY . I hope you are right as it seems the closure will happen . I still like the mechanics of tidal flow in each end of the bay . Moving water brings aquatic sea life .
                              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                              X