West Bay Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
    Just go to Jamaica Beach boat ramp and when you see a Flatscat and an old grumpy guy...birddog him religiously and you'll figure out where to wade!
    HAR ! He's grumpy because guys potlick him !
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by ZekeBerk@ View Post
      Hey this is Jrod, Zeke's son. I can not wait to go to west bay if the weather is good this weekend but I need some advice. My dad likes to drown shrimp but I like to throw artificial lures. Can anybody give me some suggestions on what to throw.
      Topwaters, mini mirrodines and c eye mirrodines. Plastics too.
      Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Originally posted by H.Maier View Post
        Lol. Robalo's not a grouchy old man. And I didn't know he was a wadefisherman.
        I was referring to the other grouchy old guy...Kenny!
        Don't be a Nancy!
        If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Speaking of grouchy old men, I saw one yesterday in a flats cat in chocolate bayou! Who was it? Lmmfao. And no I didn't follow him!

Comment

Originally posted by trophytroutman View Post
            Topwaters, mini mirrodines and c eye mirrodines. Plastics too.
            Yesterday was tough, but few fell for the Texas Chicken Corky Devil!
            Don't be a Nancy!
            If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

That's great flatoutfishin, I'm barely starting out on artificials so apparently I need to get that one as well! Lol

Comment

A quick follow-up since I started this thread…..Thanks againguys for the advice that was passed on last week. We went Saturday and hit every cove goingwest right up to Shell Island.Then myyoungest son, who was determined to throw every soft plastic or plug known toman in one afternoon, snagged me behind the ear with a mirrolure of which twobarbs were buried.Heck I think thatspecific plug was recommended by someone on this board! Lol.I wasn’t much assistance since I couldn’t seeit.And we couldn’t clip the shank and at least getthe lure off.So we flagged down anotherboat and got a 2nd opinion.They couldn’t clip it either.Wedecided to make a run for it back to Tiki.My oldest cut up a plastic worm and covered the other 3 barbs.Probably a good idea because as choppy as itwas, the lure was bouncing around the side of my neck. A good video moment I'm sure. It actuallylooked worse than it hurt according to those who could see it.Made it to Tiki where a guy working on ahouse clipped the lure off with some wire cutters.Picked up the boat and went home.The 24 hour clinic removed it later withouta hitch.Picked up some shrimp on theway home and had a great boil/fry that night.We all had a good laugh knowing it could have been more serious.
                And get this….my wife reminded me that Saturday’s Lentenreflection was about Jesus, Peter and Jesus telling Peter that “from now on youwill be catching men”. Who said thegood Lord doesn’t have a sense of humor.
                No fish but a great fish story. I’m sure my sons will remember it for the rest oftheir fishing days. That's what its all about.

Good, fast, cheap.....pick two!

Comment

Well good thing your ok! That's what matters. And you're right great memories will always make your kids love you!

Comment

Sorry about the lack of proofing. Paste and sent as my work productivity for a Monday was approaching zero.

Good, fast, cheap.....pick two!

Comment

Here a pic I took awhile back trying to figure out a navionics problem. Gives u a good idea what's around north deer island.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Great story that will live on forever in your family.

Comment

Working...
                        X