Florida Keys Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Keys Fishing

Took the family down to the Keys last week. Beautiful down there. Took the kids out to the reef for some mangrove snapper fishing. My favorite part was the trip through the backwaters on the way out.
    Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

Shut up and FISH!!

Cool video, where's the write up? Where's the fish pics?
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
      Cool video, where's the write up? Where's the fish pics?
      Bwaaaaahahahahahahaha I'm surprised there was no Toby Keith playing!!!!

Comment

Ok then.. Instead of chasing trout in the edge of the Everglades we opted to try out some reef fishing on the Atlantic side of Islamorada Key. Caught mostly mangrove snapper and yellowtail snapper. When we left the marina we could see nurse sharks, manatee and tarpon weaving in and out of the mangroves. On the way out to the reef we saw sea turtles and a huge school of spotted eagle rays about 6 feet across each. The water was crystal clear everywhere we went. Finished off the day trying to catch a barracuda (no luck) and before we went in the guide dropped us off at Indian Key (oldest settlement in the keys) so that we could explore for a bit and take some pictures without having to pay a shuttle fee to get out to the island. Pretty cool place. Next time I'm fishing the backwater somewhere for permit and snook. Kids were priority this time and they had a blast.

Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Now that's a little better. What was the haul? There are places in KW that will cook your fish for you. Last time I did this was in '87, so I don't remember the names. It is indeed a magical place.
          From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Threw everything back. We saw a couple places that would cook your catch but we just opted for catch and release.
            Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Looks like an awesome trip!!!
              Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Looks like the boys had a good time!
                "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

SCENIC !
                  GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Mike:

where's the 'other scenic pics'?
                    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
                    X