Slow weekend of fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow weekend of fishing

Was a slow weekend of fishing for me. Tried a couple of areas near the San Luis Pass Saturday morning without any bites on live shrimp... ouch.

Then spent the rest of the morning trying to navigate the San Luis pass...not the most fun thing to do since it was my first time trying to take my boat through that area. I was using the markers for the channel and some GPS coordinates for the channel given to me by my father-in-law, but I still ended up in the shallows/sand bars a few times. There is definitely a learning curve. Luckily I was able to hop out and push my boat into deeper water.. just removed a little more paint for my engine's skeg. Oh well, if at first you don't succeed try try again.

Sunday morning, decided to wade some flats near my place and caught a couple of small trout and undersized redfish on the Trout Support lure. Since the wind was so light, I decided to break out my fly rod/reel and messed around with it for about an hour. Did catch on small speck with the fly gear which is always fun... actually my first fish on my new fly rig.

Hope some of you had a more productive fishing weekend than I did!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4112.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	577233

Thanks for the report. Way to catch some fish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
    X