Knee surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knee surgery

I’m hoping to be able to fish in the near future. June 27 I had a unicompartmental partial knee replacement. Arthritis left the inside half of my right knee bone on bone. . I haven’t been able to walk far or stand long . It hasn’t been fun . Keep up the fishing reports with pictures , fellas , so I can live vicariously through your trips until I can get out there myself .
    Attached Files
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Dang man! Keep us updated on your progress!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Do what the rehab folks tell you bro. Need you ready for the Blockade Runners trip in October.
      From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

I did not know you shave you legs Plugger? LOL, hope you get to feeling better. I am going for knee replacement August 27, yahoo....
        Fishwhisperer

Comment

Hang in there and get better soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Praying for speedy trouble-free recovery. My mom just had her second total replacement, and she’s back dancin again!! Hang in there!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            "Be good to me Lord.....for the bay is so big, and my boat is so small"

Comment

Sandy is right, Henry. Follow all the physical therapists instructions so you can heal up right!
              Everybody I know that’s had knee replacement surgery has been pretty darned happy with the results. I hope you are as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
                I’m hoping to be able to fish in the near future. June 27 I had a unicompartmental partial knee replacement. Arthritis left the inside half of my right knee bone on bone. . I haven’t been able to walk far or stand long . It hasn’t been fun . Keep up the fishing reports with pictures , fellas , so I can live vicariously through your trips until I can get out there myself .
                Hang in there brother. I know from personal experience how hard it is to come back from knee surgery. I had mine reconstructed when I blew my knee and ACL at the same time. Take it easy and don't go overboard trying to speed recovery up. Take care you'll be on the water before you know it. Tight lines. FP420

Sent from my 5056N using Tapatalk
                "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Comment

feeling very sorry for you. sending you prayers for speedy recovery.

Comment

Thank you all for the prayers , well wishes , encouragement, and advice ! I’m coming along . The pain eased up yesterday and I don’t feel the urge to gnaw my leg off . Looking forward to some July 4 fishing reports !
                    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Hope it heals up fast
                      Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

I had my 2 week follow up visit . They took some x-rays and removed the bandage and staples . Everything looks good and healing well . I still have swelling , stiffness , numbness and pain but I don’t have the bone on bone sensation . I’m walking better . So , I have expectations that I may be able to walk and stand without pain .
                        Attached Files

Comment

Great to hear. Glad you are getting closer to a full recovery and back to some fishing.

Sent from my 5056N using Tapatalk
                          "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Comment

Hope all is still going well there Doc . Look forward to you being ack on the water. Have to go fish again and enjoy some good food and a great friend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks , Tim !
                              Yes , I hope to be somewhat normal in the use of the leg . It will be another 2-3 months healing . We haven't fished in ages . When was the last time you went to your bayou cabin off Chocolate Bay ?

Comment

Working...
                              X