Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of July4th Week Reports

Friends,
    Hung out in Jamaica Beach this past week and was able to get a few trips out on West Bay. It was hit or miss depending on the day. We'd stop at 1 spot that was loaded with bait and moving water...and catch nothing. Other times, we'd stop at a spot with little bait and get in to a good bite. So many variables in this fishing game!

Sunday morning we caught 2 keeper trout...just could not buy a bite!

Monday morning we caught 6 keeper trout to 20". They hit Texas Roach soft plastics on 1/4 oz (the current was ripping).

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1162.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	577436

Thursday morning we found a solid redfish bite around active bait. You could see the nervous bait running and just throw in to it...BAM, redfish! 3 of us caught limits of reds (pics are of mine...26", 24", 22") and a whole bunch of trout just under 15". Chicken on Chain 1/4 oz.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1189.jpg
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	577437Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1191.jpg
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	577438

We made trout ceviche Tuesday night as the rain set in! Man it was tasty!

Headed back out Sunday morning if the weather cooperates.

-FP

ANY fish in the boat is better than none, and a BAD day of fishing is a heck of a lot better than a GOOD day at work!! Nicely done......and good times with family and friends is the greatest catch of all!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Be good to me Lord.....for the bay is so big, and my boat is so small"

Comment

Thanks for the great report with pictures !
      Good job !
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
      X