Tried really hard this weekend ;-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tried really hard this weekend ;-)

Caught a limit (plus) of redfish yesterday in Rockport in tough, tough, tough conditions. SW winds and dirty water ... winds were 12-15 to start then getting to solid 20.

Anyway, man it's crazy how good wind driven current works for reds when there is a weak tide or no tide. Used exactly what's in our DVDs on that Wind Driven current section in the Shallow Water Redfish DVD, if you have it and wonder what to do on SW winds... use it and go hunt redfish. I'll pick going redfishing over trout during conditions like that and use the wind to our advantage. Caught about 11 reds total between a buddy and myself. Fish were mostly 18" to 25"... no bruisers, but enough slot fish with some mid slots for a 2 man limit. Biggest was about 26".

I really tried to catch fish on topwaters (it's always been a favorite and i'm super good at it; love me some fish on top), tried for like an hour. Tops yielded about 3 blowups from dink reds, all missed the hooks for a 0% hook up ratio on the top, .... me and my buddy were both like, "I wish there was a weedless bait we could throw" LOL... of course we had to put on the TSL GrassWalker. Left it on the rest of the day and used Golden Roach and a new color due out in a couple weeks. The new color was awesome in the water we were finding out fish and a little sandy ish too. Hope to have some packaged up in a week or two and I'll make a big announcement.
    Attached Files
    TroutSupport.comsigpic

Thanks for the report and updates , Tobin . Yes , blurred out bait means something is afoot .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Thanks for the report.
      "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Comment

This wind bites and not in the good way. Going to try Dickinson bayou if the wind doesn't change tomorrow

Comment

Way to go Tobin. Can't wait to see what color is coming up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X