5 Fish - Speckled Trout Limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 Fish - Speckled Trout Limit

Well it appears that the reduction from 10 fish to 5 has passed. It will go into affect more than likely on September 1st.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

On the entire coast?

I’m ok with it. I only keep what I eat fresh.
    Haven’t frozen a bag of filets in years.

Remember the Buffalo!

Comment

I think it's silly. The worst part is once they make these limits, they never go back up regardless of what happens to the population. Look at redfish. We're still at 3 and 20 inches. We should be at 5 and 16 inches. In my experience, there are so many redfish, they're crowding out the trout. Not that I really have a problem with that. I like redfish better than trout. But come on. 10 fish to a person that gets out once a month is limiting enough. 5 is ridiculous.
      From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

I get both sides of the argument but I get out enough that 5 is fine for me.

I do wish they would change the redfish regs.

-FP

Comment

Bunch of sissy nannies at TPWD-pure bullchip and not based on scientific data. If ya wanna catch 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 trout and feel OK about it, that's fine and your choice but pushing lowerlimits w/o real data is like pushing Alexandria Ocasio Cortez as a genius or saying Liz Warren is Native American-bullchip.
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Arguing about using croaker and keeping & frying up big 25" and over trout is a lot more fun.

Comment

So does anyone know the area?
              I would assume it is the entire coast?

Comment

Everyone has an opinion.

I just remember what West bay was 25 years ago and realize that something needs to be done for my kids and their kids and everyone else’s too

Comment

I’m not for it . Guys that fish a lot get their share at any rate , but , those who don’t fish that much get the short stick . Better to ban using croaker as bait . Make’em work a little bit using shrimp instead . Besides , I’d like to see the croaker population rebound . Talk about a fish population deminishing . Bank fishermen with families have fewer places to fish and would appreciate catching panfish like croaker and whiting . I’m moving to Louisiana . Bah , humbug .
                  GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
                    I’m not for it . Guys that fish a lot get their share at any rate , but , those who don’t fish that much get the short stick . Better to ban using croaker as bait . Make’em work a little bit using shrimp instead . Besides , I’d like to see the croaker population rebound . Talk about a fish population deminishing . Bank fishermen with families have fewer places to fish and would appreciate catching panfish like croaker and whiting . I’m moving to Louisiana . Bah , humbug .
                    Hail yeah!!!! There's the croaker argument!! Atta boy plugger!

Comment

Go plugger....you thread jacker...lol
                      I don't have a problem with 5 fish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Is that old concrete “duck blind” a few hundred yards out of watermans still a good croaker hole?
                        I remember as a kid we would load up on them there.
                        Havent stopped there in a very long time.

Comment

Just a hole now I’m sure , no croaker , no golden croaker bigger than a shrimp I bet . You can catch some maybe you could fillet but not like back in your day . Croaker are excellent table fair . 5 trout , bah - humbug. Croaker soaking , bah- humbug .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I wish we could use seines again in the surf! Time the laws go back to 15 trout, >=12" and reds >= 16". Heck a 24" red is crummy table fare-those 16" reds are best eating. Right Sandy! Works in LouiseeAnna and nobody be screaming for 5 fish there. Laws never reverse-look at the Beltway 8 tollroads where we were promised the tolls would go away when paid for-yeppir, that'll happen never.

Seems like the Democrats and Mueller Report on the 5 trout baloney IMO-make claims w/o Facts.
                            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
                            X