West Bay 4/25/2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Bay 4/25/2020

We started our Wade about 6am but nothing until the the sun started to warm up the bay. It was a tough day with NE winds up to 12mph making the water greenish brown. We did get bites off and on but nothing really going after it aggressively. I had 2 decent blow ups on dsl purple reign but just missed them because they hit as the lure hit the water. Other than that they just bit the tail of my lures. Hope someone one else had a better catching day than me because the fishing was top notch, LoL. Thanks for reading. FP420
    "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Thanks for the report.
    I’ve been getting a lot of short strikes all spring. I’m thinking the bait is smaller than what I’m throwing. Any ideas or thoughts?
    VHF 16/68

Comment

I was thinking the same, but I was getting solid hookups with dsl Texas Roach super model and wouldn't get a hit on anything smaller. My opinion is that the are a little spookish with the wind last few weeks. But I have been getting on colors that can be seen when it's wind whipped. Root beer to purples have been my go too lately.
      "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Comment

Thanks for the report !
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
        X