Open invitation Clear Creek gun range invite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open invitation Clear Creek gun range invite

This Sunday I plan to take my grandfather to the range to make sure he knows how to operate and get familiar with his never before fired, colt .45 pistol. He is approx 85 yrs old and is a US Navy veteran from WW2. His naval stories are astounding and I consider him a living legend.

WillieP, and Constable...if I can talk you guys into it I'd be honored. Anyone else that is responsible would be more than welcome to attend as well.

I can't fish and gig right now with my left side injuries but I sure as hell can load and fire.

I plan to be shoting my SA .40 and a .22 Charger pistols.
    Last edited by 2112; July 14, 2010, 01:21 AM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
    Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Bert, what time are you planning on going????????
    A Little deeper in debt.

Comment

Originally posted by 2112 View Post
      This Sunday I plan to take my grandfather to the range to make sure he knows how to operate and get familiar with his never before fired, colt .45 pistol. He is approx 85 yrs old and is a US Navy veteran from WW2. His naval stories are astounding and I consider him a living legend.

WillieP, and Constable...if I can talk you guys into it I'd be honored. Anyone else that is responsible would be more than welcome to attend as well.

I can't fish and gig right now with my left side injuries but I sure as hell can load and fire.

I plan to be shoting my SA .40 and a .22 Charger pistols.
      What part of WW2 was grandfather involved in.We didn't get a chance the other day talk...lol.......any responsible person..lol
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

I believe he signed up for duty from the very beginning. He was attached as a gunners mate on3 different war ships, two of wich where sunk by enemy fire.
        If I remember correctly he served on the uss Utah, uss Monterey and a jeep carrier, the same one ensign bush flew from when he was shot down close to inchi Jima, not iwo jima.
        Any ways. He is a frail old man with a clean mind but broken body. I just don't want to be at the range with some yahoo going rapid fire and throwing hot ejected brass at us.
        Grandpas main gun mount was the anti aircraft twin 20mm's
        He is proud of his service and if one was to ask he won't mind telling you what it's like to splash kates, Vals and zeros or to be on the receiving end of a aircrafts ordnance.
        I'm not sure on a time. It will probably be in the afternoon and hot so bring water.
        Last edited by 2112; July 14, 2010, 07:05 PM.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
        Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Working...
        X