468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heading to the Keys - diving for lobsters!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heading to the Keys - diving for lobsters!

Donna and I are heading to the keys in the morning to hook up with some friends of ours and do two days of lobstering. There are only two days out of the year you can do this, so it should be a mad house down there. Will take some pictures and post them when we return.
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Sounds like fun! See ya when you get back!
    Yeah, and all the muchachas they call me big pappa, when I throw pesos their way!

Comment

Bring me back one!!!

Comment

Ya'll go after them during night dives? I've only seen them then.
        Have fun, it'll be a blast!

Originally posted by Explorer21 View Post
        Donna and I are heading to the keys in the morning to hook up with some friends of ours and do two days of lobstering. There are only two days out of the year you can do this, so it should be a mad house down there. Will take some pictures and post them when we return.
        At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

yall are lucky!! go get em yall need it!
          MANVEL MOB

Comment

I was talking with my parents about this just last night! When I got my scuba certification our first trip was to florida to harvest some lobster. I don't exactly understand the regs though. 'Sport Season' is only 2 days but 'Regular Season' is from April 1 - August 5. Is regular season using lobster traps only? Either way, if you've never done it, it's a blast. I found the best way to net 'em is (after you tickle 'em out w/ the stick) to slowly move the net over the lobster until their antennae are just about to touch the net and then slam the net down. If you try to slam the net down too soon they swim away before you can trap 'em.

I got the regs from here: http://myfwc.com/docs/RulesRegulatio...mary_Chart.pdf

Comment

I've always wanted to go do that. I hear it's a great time. Have fun and bring back some pictures!

M.M.
              "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

We just got back from vacation down there.
                The lobster season is NOT for the faint of heart.
                The entire Doofuss Navy is out in force so be careful!

The Keys are beautiful. We'll be going back next year.

Go to the Marathon airport.
                On the north end look for the big yellow and red bi-plane.
                Its right by the Sheriff's office hanger/office.
                Its easy to spot, near the highway.
                Stop and have the guy take you and the Mrs. on a flight.
                It is AWESOME fun!

Have fun and post up an after action report!
                West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Comment

Sounds like a great time.Have fun
                  Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

We did the two-day miniseason a few years ago. You are not going to believe the number of boats on the water at sunrise, and divers in as soon as there as any light at all.

All of the scouting for lobster is done in the days before the season opens, and the good holes are marked on GPS. Problem is - many boats mark the same hole, so getting out there early and camping out on your best hole is a must.

That means you should be out there on the water TODAY!

On our first day, we limited out in half an hour. Second day's pickings were real slim for legal size, but tons of them at 2 7/8 inches!
                    Attached Files
                    Walker

Anegada, BVI (N18° 44.683' W64° 24.133')
                    and
                    Houston (Clear Lake City)

Comment

it will be crazy in the water and watch out for the cops with their lobster sniffing dogs!
                      the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Have fun Mike and Donna-looking forward to your call when ya get back-I already got the butter melted and the grill ready!!
                        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Now sounds and looks like a blast, please post pics!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                            Have fun Mike and Donna-looking forward to your call when ya get back-I already got the butter melted and the grill ready!!

X2 and i will bring reel butter..lol....Happy hunting!
                            I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Don't forget to dip Em im garlic butter!!! Be Careful & have a great time!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X