Trout Tamer 1 rod...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trout Tamer 1 rod...

The "Trout Tamer 1" was the first rod I bought when I decided to try out a baitcaster about 6 months ago. I used it to throw spook jrs and light plastics as it was too light to throw anything heavier (FORGET casting popping corks!). The next rod I purchased (as well as another citica) was the Red Tamer and it immediately became my go-to, almost NEVER using the Trout Tamer. Throwing heavy topwaters like Super Spooks, he/she dogs, big skitterwalks, heavier spoons, twitchbaits... basically everything.

I decided not to use the Red Tamer and go with the Trout Tamer 1 today because the glue holding down the cork has worn away and its kind of a pain in the but to deal with spinning handles. I forgot just HOW LIGHT it is. The thing is so damn light I lost 2 NIIICE about 25" reds today due to the lack of torque I could get on those mamas.

The name "Trout Tamer" is full disclosure, but it can barely handle a legal sized trout.

That being said... Without spending an arm and a leg, what do you guys recommend for a good, all-around rod. Only requirement I have is: NO graphite /ceramic tips (break too dang easily)

Check out my Plugger LT. Very Similar action as the rod you described. It's a great tout rod but will handle spook jr and corkys.

Check out my website, www.charliescustomrods.com and feel free to give me a call any time.

Also, bring the Red Tamer by and we'll get the cork fixed for you.

Comment

Charlie, thank you for the offer. What are "recoil guides" ?

I was just checkin out prices... Why are they $20 cheaper at Academy vs getting a TTF rod on their website... weird.

Comment

Recoil guides are titanium springs basically-they never rust and are strong and don't have that dang plastic/teflon insert that always breaks. They are the way to go on any rod.

As far as the loose cork, I had a reel seat come loose many years ago when Allstar was first in biz-the first rod it happened to I figured it was a fluke, but when 2nd one did same thing, I was PO'd-I wrote em a letter about them using water soluble glue and I'll be damned if I'm driving to SE Austin (Telge road) because some idiot is using Elmer's glue to glue their dang reel seat to blank. They called and then sent UPS and new rods and was spota take old ones but dint, so I superglued the seats real good and still have those 2 old rods-moral of the story-write a letter to mfg and in a nice, but funny way tell them that either they're using Elmer's or the guy forgot to glue it and ya don't wanna spend all your time trying to fix their error and they should make it right. I got 2 rods out of it!!
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I would recommend Chuck's (Charlie) or Billy's (Billy Stix) rods, they will build one around your style of fishing.
          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Working...
          X