First Time Fishing - Galveston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Time Fishing - Galveston

Hey everyone. Hope all are having a good week.

I am going to fish Galveston for the first time with my new Baby Cat. Taking an old, 70+, friend with me.

I want to keep the trip simple and off the water by midday due to possible heat.

My best guess is to take him to greens lake and drift fish. Do you think this is a reasonable option for not knowing the area and having limited time on the water?

Good call

Comment

Drink plenty of water out there and have fun! My dad is 72 and if I have him out in the heat like it is now, I put an umbrella up in a rod holder. That little bit of shade makes a big difference for him.
      From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Greens can be good, but is hit and miss as all areas are this time of year. Good luck out there!
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

greens can be good, but if you dont end up having any luck there run straight out of greens cut and go west (not in the intracoastal, right on the other side) and fish those grass flats, there is a big conrete thing on the shoreline there with a peninsula next to it...wade, drift or troll even with the peninsula (edge of the grassflat). I have had a lot of luck there with live shrimp, gulp, and a bunch of other plastics...good luck!

Comment

Thanks everyone. I am going to play it simple, popping corks with gulps. Just fun to take the boat out with friends.

Have a good weekend and leave some for us.

Comment

Good catching to yall
              Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Have fun and be safe! Let know know how you do.
                LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Good luck.
                  "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Good for you !! Have fun and good luck !!
                    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                    X