SHARK fishing in the surf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHARK fishing in the surf?

im trying to catch my first decent shark from the surf. Can anybody tell me how its done.

Originally posted by $peckmaster View Post
    im trying to catch my first decent shark from the surf. Can anybody tell me how its done.
    I've heard use chunks of stingray, but I rarely surf fish... much less for sharks.
    Yeah, and all the muchachas they call me big pappa, when I throw pesos their way!

Comment

Originally posted by $peckmaster View Post
      Speckmaster you need to get with Fuzzy he is a shark fishin fool on the surf from what i've heard.
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
        Speckmaster you need to get with Fuzzy he is a shark fishin fool on the surf from what i've heard.
        Ya, what he said.

I caught a small black tip on live bait (finger mullet) in the surf about a month ago (last time I fished, durn it). I would recommend a stainless wire or a nylon coated wire, pre-snelled hook.
        At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Small ray. Whole. Yak him out beyond third bar. Heavy weight with two feet wire leader. Sit and wait..
          sigpic

Comment

A small stingray(make a few small cuts so it will bleed) or any good sized chunk of bloody cut bait.
            Use a large strong hook and several feet of wire or cable leader.
            I prefer to use about a 7ft long cable leader. I do it that way because when you hook a big one as he swims away from you his tail will be beating on the main line. If the shark is long enough his tail will hit your mono and break it quickly.
            Use enough of a weight to keep the bait stationary on the bottom.
            Use a good sized reel so you have enough line capacity.
            As previously stated get the bait out past the 3rd bar. A kayak is good for this.

Good luck.
            West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Comment

Easy, just put trout on a stringer and wade the surf.
              "Nobody's so poor that democrats can't get rich screwing 'em."
              boom

Comment

Working...
              X