Well I did it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I did it

I went out on a limb and bought 2 BillyStix rods. They are so light they just almost jumped out of my hand! I met up with Ocelander Kayaker at lunch and we split them up. He took 2 and I took 2, they are beautiful!

I got home and realized that the reels I have are not worthy! So I went to (I get in a LOT of trouble here) Academy. I was going to look around, do some research and .... so much for that, I bought a PENN 430 SSG Spinfisher Graphite and some 20# braid. It is a very light reel, it is black and gold. It should sit real pretty on the Red and Gold Rod.

Now I am nevous due to I used to ONLY buy combo rod and reels. The cheap ones, real cheap ones. From the way this rod handles, I should be able to tell within a few ounces of how much the fish weighs before I even get it in!

I will be at Minutemaid Park watching the Astro's play this weekend so I will have to wait to see how they work together. I live by a lake and don't have time to fish.

Nice !! Now you'll wonder why you haven't done this before now . Now , get out there and use that rod and reel .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I tried the spinner yesterday, I could not believe how well it handled. What blew me away was I was able to feel the lure roll over on the concrete! HA I couldn't get to water so I had to try it on the street.

I will post pics later this afternoon.

Comment

You will love your BillyStix! Let us know how you do.
        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Working...
        X