Going to the San Luis Pass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to the San Luis Pass

We ventured out today on the boat, not at first sure where we would end up. We decided to try and make it to the SLP from here in Jam B. Last time we tried, we got stuck, (with an injury included). OMG, we found the red markers and the flag at the first one. Those markers are such a Godsend. Thank you all that put those out there, we'd of never made it otherwise. The GPS led us astray, had to ignore it and use our common sense. We just knew that those markers would not fail us. Again, thanks to all that put those out there, you made a possible failure of a trip to a "WOW we made" it trip and back. I didnt know that the water coming around Bird Island and out of Cold pass was so freaking deep.

sb:>

San Luis Pass is a tricky place.
    Glad you made a safe trip.

So now you need to convince the Mrs. you must go more frequently to "learn" the area!
    West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonpie View Post
      San Luis Pass is a tricky place.
      Glad you made a safe trip.

So now you need to convince the Mrs. you must go more frequently to "learn" the area!
      SB is the Mrs. if i'm not mistaken.
      Yeah, and all the muchachas they call me big pappa, when I throw pesos their way!

Comment

LOL! Yep, SB is the missus. Skout is the mistah.

Y'all shoulda come by. I was out 'til sunset.
        From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Actually Coach, you were one of the topics of conversation. We were talking about the fact that one of those houses there is your house. For us to get that far safely was huge, and now that its marked on the GPS, your place is definately on the radar. Its a big deal for ME, not necessarily Scout (Hubs), to get that far without problem. So, we, I'm getting closer to visiting on a high tide. It does look a bit muddy going up that way. But now that the path is a lot more clear, its looking like you may see us sometime in the near future. Whew, I was glad for those markers......

Comment

Yep, the guys here did one heckuva job marking that. I've still got markers for the mouth of the bayou that Coe gave me over a year ago. Hopefully I'll get that done soon.
            From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Perhaps we should work on that. Markers and those other markers that say "dont go there" are really important signs. Just have to 'read' them.

Comment

Glad it turned out OK for you. I had to get THE SWALLOWIST to show me around . The area makes me nervous until I get to know it . Heard too many stories of guys getting stuck and staying all night on the boat .
                GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
                  Glad it turned out OK for you. I had to get THE SWALLOWIST to show me around . The area makes me nervous until I get to know it . Heard too many stories of guys getting stuck and staying all night on the boat .
                  I can't count how many times that having the option of tilting up the out board and going on air has saved my butt...I love the middle of that pass in the dark of night.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
                  Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Working...
                  X