Warning Sting Rays are thick in West Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning Sting Rays are thick in West Bay

Wading this weekend I must have seen over 1,000 sting rays one cove had the entire area covered with them. The North shoreline had a lot too. Careful when wading! Shuffle those feet!
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

yeah, they're there all right. Most want to get out of your way and spook in front of you. I did see one yesterday morning drift fishing with my daughter that was dark brown and at least 36" across. most of the smaller rays are lighter reddish brown and really stand out against the bottom unless they're buried up!
    We had a big birthday party and BBQ on the beach for a good friend yesterday afternoon. Her son has been commercial gigging and has seen at least 5 different alligators on the North shoreline to 8 feet. he said they are very aggressive and several have tried to get in the Boatright. He now has a bang stick for aggressive gators....
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
      yeah, they're there all right. Most want to get out of your way and spook in front of you. I did see one yesterday morning drift fishing with my daughter that was dark brown and at least 36" across. most of the smaller rays are lighter reddish brown and really stand out against the bottom unless they're buried up!
      We had a big birthday party and BBQ on the beach for a good friend yesterday afternoon. Her son has been commercial gigging and has seen at least 5 different alligators on the North shoreline to 8 feet. he said they are very aggressive and several have tried to get in the Boatright. He now has a bang stick for aggressive gators....
      8ft gator ain't got nothing on the one I saw in Panther....did I ever tell you about it Kenny?
      Don't be a Nancy!
      If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

I have been chased off the north shoreline by the boars too they have no problem racing out into the water right after you! I wade with the boat tied to me

Comment

The stingrays are what I am scared of!

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
            alligators on the North shoreline to 8 feet. he said they are very aggressive and several have tried to get in the Boatright. He now has a bang stick for aggressive gators....
            ...and some of those boatrights have little freeboard, I can see that happening and holy shiet I wouldn't want anything to do with that.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
            Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
              I have been chased off the north shoreline by the boars too they have no problem racing out into the water right after you! I wade with the boat tied to me
              I remember there was some sort of joking story about that situation.
              Dude are you serious. I think I wade with my old .45 'cause a country boy can survive.
              Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

And about those rays, yup there are a bunch of small pups all of a sudden.
                I bet if you could get a video of the bottom carpeted with rays nat geo or something like that would want to see it.

Comment

I stepped on 2 small Rays on the N Shoreline Saturday. They are thick.
                  sigpic
                  Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
                    I stepped on 2 small Rays on the N Shoreline Saturday. They are thick.
                    ....and then what happened?
                    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Do you wear the ray boots

Comment

FWE should be sponsored by Ray Guard with how many people wear them

Comment

RAYS , GATORS , WILD BOARS , O - MY ....I wish I could click my heels and be in Kansas !!
                          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

OK Dorothy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mjh View Post
                              OK Dorothy!!!
                              Careful or the doctor may yank you're front teeth out...

Comment

Working...
                              X