Where'd the fish go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where'd the fish go?

Well for the past 3 months up until 3 weeks ago I was catching sandies and specs under the lights in kemah/ seabrook until my arms got tired. However, since the cool weather moved in I've caught less than 5 every night that i've been. Same spot, same lure, same tides, same bait in the water, but no fish. I threw every lure I had on my kayak and couldn't get the fish to turn back on for me. Any thoughts? Water temp? Time of year? Somebody is stealing all the fish? lol

Trinity.

Comment

try a corky....theyre on sale. I would say water temp.

Comment

I've never tried a corky under the lights, but I don't see why it wouldn't work if they're in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy-P View Post
          I've never tried a corky under the lights, but I don't see why it wouldn't work if they're in there.
          Corkies work in the lights in certain situations. Most of the time though, they end up being too big and spooking the fish.
          Resident Ninja

Comment

Small spec rigs are great for the lights. Corkys are usually too big.

Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life.
            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Just like anything else you just have to try till you find what works. I have lights behind my house and I've caught fish on everything from flys to full size spooks. Just depends on what mood the fish are in. Unfortunately there is no one thing that works all the time. I tend to be partial to small mirrolures.
              Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Hulapoppers.

Comment

Throw the same lures and have a pocket shot....

Comment

The mullet move out, so do the fish! Sorry Willy!
                    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Working...
                    X