Beautiful Day, Tough Conditions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful Day, Tough Conditions

Was in the water at 6:15 throwing tops over sand/shell. Before the sun hit the horizon there was plenty of bait but no trout. Got a few half arse swipes and finally caught a 17" fish. The tide was moving out slowly and the water was at least a foot or two low and murky green. 12" visibility. I switched to a Corky Devil and walking it brought a 20" fish. That worked for two more then the bait went down. Tried a short wade in front of a cove with no takers. Made another move to the N. shoreline and caught three more solid fish on the blk/prl Devil. All fish released.

I just got back from checking out the surf and it is beautiful green to the beach, small 1' shore break and no sign of bait or predators. I'll go back later after a nap & lunch!.
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Thanks Kenny
    TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

Thanks for the info....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Beachfront is fishable but casting into a 13+ MPH South wind with a bad rotator will keep me out of the water, well that and the 72 degree water!
        "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Thanks for the report! Was there any bait in the surf when you went back?

Comment

Yeah, and predatory action at the water change further out.
            "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

I went early to Surfside it was sandy and bait was way too comfortable no action
              MANVEL MOB

Comment

Working...
              X