11/8/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11/8/14

I fished around the south and east side of South deer island saturday, when I got to the area there really was much moving and I was worried the frontal system would have things shut down.
    I finally saw a few mullet flip over some mud and shell mix out in front of an exposed reef. The tide and wind both were coming into it so I started working a down south lures little paddle tail in candy apple( strawberry white minus the glitter) on a 1/16 jig. One of my casts must have landed right on the nose of this flounder because it was there as soon as I engaged my reel.
    So I strung him and got back to it, a few undersized specks followed and then a few keepers. All seemed to be much closer to the bottom, switched to a chartreuse / gold softdine and moved out a little deeper when the bite died, hooked up on a red that was just over 21". Then a few rats and a trout that was the same size as the bass assassin it tried to eat!
    I moved around to some reefs that created a bottle neck and found more of the undersized trout I've been hearing about from a lot of you. Then bam, 2 more reds just as a little shower was starting up.
    I decided to call it.
    back at the ramp I saw another guy sawing up some reds on his tailgate so I figured it was a good day for most.
    this was my first texas slam so I was really happy with the day.
    I'll get some pictures up soon.

Comment

Nice trifecta!!
      "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

Nice report and catching ! Hadn't heard from ya in a while .
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Great slam, Salty! I've never gotten one.
          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Great report and pix. I'll be joining you with that ole worm hook/soft plastic rig real soon....I like how you can keep the lure high in the water column this winter and make the bait twitch erratically from side to side.
            Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
            "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Nice stringer.

Comment

Thanks guys!! Yeah termo, when the winter really sets in I'll be using those big 8 inch zoom super flukes. I've just got a feeling it'll be a good bet. Plugger I'll text you. Had a lot going on.

Comment

Working...
                X