Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confederate Reef

Hi All,
    I’m new to the Houston area and a fellow kayak fisherman. I moved to the area last summer and went out on many trips since that time…some with luck and some without. Even though I’m a lifetime fisherman, I’m pretty new to the kayak game and the Galveston Bay system. Through West End I was lucky enough to coincide with my buddy Dave (AKA, Reel Shallow with Hook1) from the forum. We have gone out a couple of times and he showed me the ropes that I was lacking with kayak fishing along with technique and much needed confidence to succeed in the sport.
    Today I went out to Confederate Reef and drifted the north-side throwing Root Beer Gold split tails on 1/8 ounce jighead…landed six trout that went 16”-18” as well as my personal best of 25”...also, landed four Reds including a 27”. I had a great day out in the water with not too much boat traffic.
    Pix attached
    Attached Files

Bad arse!!! Thanks for the report.
    Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Congrats on a great trip!
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

The conditions were ideal today...when i went out the doors this morning i wanted to cancel work!Nice report.
        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Wind has already started pumping out of the south

Comment

Hell of a report thanks for sharing it...

Comment

You look pissed in those pics with the fish...kind of depressing. Do me a favor and smile next time.
              "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Originally posted by GHSmacker View Post
                You look pissed in those pics with the fish...kind of depressing. Do me a favor and smile next time.
                X2!
                Way to go!
                "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Nice report and pics! Thanks! That kayak rig looks good.
                  At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

I will try to smile next time!!

Comment

The only thing that I have done to the kayak is that I placed two sheets of aluminum and foam in the center consul and created a built in cooler. I usually take dry ice and can fit up to 15 fish, even though I only keep 2 a best!

Comment

Great report Lopez... Now come down to seadrift , Danny is already there and I'm heading down after work... Nice pictures bro

Comment

Very nice and congrats on the new PB Trout!!!

Comment

Great trip and congrats on the now PB! Nice friggin fish.
                            Scott
                            "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

WTG!!!
                              the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X