Rockport in the wind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockport in the wind

According to "Dead Wrong Dale" our local weather man on Channel 6 we were supposed to get 2 inches of rain on Friday. At 7am it was misting and we decided to have breakfast and wait a while. At 10 my buddy called and said to pack a raincoat and meet him out front. Our plan was to stay in the ditch (ICW) to stay out of the strong east wind and use shrimp to fish for trout. We laucnched at Conn Brown Harbor and turned left at the ICW. Fishing went according to our plans and within 5 minutes we put our first trout in the box....a solid 16" beauty, caught by yours truely! Unfortunatly, our well laid plan lasted no longer than the first fish.

At least we went fishing, also caught a gaff top sail catfish which was released and one hardhead.

The rain never showed but the wind she did blow with a vengence.

On the way home, a guy pulled up beside us and said that one of the trailer wheels was wobbling a little...........CRAP!! Took the boat to a friends house to change the trailer wheel bearings and gave the trout to his wife.

Another great day on the bay.
    Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

Nice report Ron......Thanks!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

thanks for the report

Comment

Nice report. Hope all is well with the trailer.
        Why put off doing something today, when you can do it again tomorrow. LIKE FISHING!!

Comment

better luck next time
          the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Danng Ron i should have called you i wuz in Rockport for the weekend with Capt. Cook we caught a few but no keepers Saturday.
            I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Thanks for the report RonE
              MANVEL MOB

Comment

Working...
              X