2/7: Let me tell you where they weren't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2/7: Let me tell you where they weren't

I am really happy to read the reports from this weekend. Looks like quite a few folks got on the fish both days and the bite was good. I went out early Saturday morning and fished until about noon. I got my skunk on big time.

I was on the water at 6:30a and went straight to Greens. I poled around in the marsh until about 10a. In shallow areas with good visibility (i.e. 1' and less), I didn't see anything - bait, fish, nada. In deeper guts through the marsh,visibility was poor so by the time I got into the areas all I saw were mud puffs from fishing I was poling over but that honestly didn't occur too often. The shallow marsh was a ghost town.

I fished some deeper canals that hold fish this time of year along with a good long drift in the DC but didn't get any bumps. By the time I tried these alternates, it was late in the morning and from other reports it sounds like the action ended around 10a.

So, long story short - I committed to the deep marsh early and I made a bad call. That said, it was a beautiful morning and I was very happy to be out and about.

Here is the obligatory scenic photo that is typically posted by someone that didn't catch any fish. I'll be back at it this weekend. I'm getting my waders on and getting back on the mud/shell with the rest of you.

JYC

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0177.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	576128
    "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Beautiful out there.. Catching fish is just a bonus. It's a shame what people miss while sitting on the couch.
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

It's to beautiful out there. You need to photo shop some ripples in the water lmao. I bet the fish would jump out of the picture if you did.
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Great photo! At least you got out!
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Thanks for the report, and the photo! Sounds like several of my trips lately.

Comment

thanks for reporting...great pic though
            sigpic

Comment

I love the marsh. I was the only one out there except for the pelicans, roseates, egrets and terns. It was a great morning and I got some time to clear my head poling the boat around. Fish are a bonus for sure.

Comment

Thanks for the report

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you ever need more info about where they aren't, I'd be happy to tell you. I'm loaded with that sorta info!
                  "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
                    If you ever need more info about where they aren't, I'd be happy to tell you. I'm loaded with that sorta info!
                    We should start a bird watching club

Comment

Holy $)(;: !!!!!

Comment

Great photo!

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Did the same thing Saturday with the same results, Jeff. Nice pic!
                          Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
                          "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Wow ! Your going fishing was worth the effort of having that fine photo for me to enjoy .
                            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Where they aren't can be just as important as where they are in some cases, saves me from a long costly paddle anyway! Thanks for the report and the beautiful picture 😆

Comment

Working...
                              X