What Size Boat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Size Boat?

Relocating from the Rockport area and looked at 2 Key West boats today at the Houston Boat Show; the 219fs and the 239fs. I’d like to get the biggest boat I can that is still useable in West Bay. Both have a hull draft of 14” and I really like the layout of the 24’ 239fs. Should I back off to the lighter 22’ 219fs or can I get around ok with the 24’?

thanks for the help...

I'd go with the lighter 22'

20-22' seems to be my ideal bay boat size range.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

You like the layout of the 24’ best and am asking if you “ can get around ok “ in the 24’ . They both have he same draft . I don’t see why the 24’ would hamper your movements . I can think of only a few narrow, winding passages to back lakes where the 22 ‘ would be best suited , but , no one ventures those places much . What do ya’ll say who fish a lot by boat in West Bay ?
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Depends on where you want to fish. Lower WB is shallow in a lot of places. I would buy a boat with less draft and a tunnel if you plan on fishing shallow.

Comment

What power-HP size? Think about gas use. Also, the 24 gives you maybe more options-like a run offshore; whereas the 22 is iffy unless like last saturday-dead calm.

Aqua pimp (Good guide) uses a 24 or 25 majek-he gets around fine all over WB as well as making a far run to the jetties and other spots.

GET WHAT U THINK YOU"LL LIKE BEST OR YOU MAY REGRET YOUR PURCHASE!!!

I looked at KW website-I'd go with the 239fs. Lots more boat/utility IMO.
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I'm going to go with the 239fs with a 250hp as it is the one I do like best. Normally, 2 feet wouldn't make a big difference to me in going to the jetties, but the 239fs just looks much bigger than the 219fs and same draft.

Thanks again...

Comment

Working...
            X