Rockport Colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockport Colors

Hey Everyone. Got a little fishing trip starting tomorrow down in Rockport, looking forward to trying out my full library of plastics. Just wanted a little direction on some of the more prevalent color combos used down there. Any suggestions are appreciated.TL!
    "Our most great and glorious achievement is to live our life fishingly"

I would think the same colors that work here given the water clarity . If the water is clearer , lighter colors are in order . Good luck and file a report ! ..... with what colors worked best .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
      I would think the same colors that work here given the water clarity . If the water is clearer , lighter colors are in order . Good luck and file a report ! ..... with what colors worked best .
      Can’t beat that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	imagejpeg_1_3-20190620-144407755.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	562957Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0776_2-20190620-144435802.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	562958

Was pretty nice weather there in Rockport Thursday and Friday with wind kicking up on Saturday. We did ok out there where we found some trout on live shrimp, free line and popping cork. Water was a nice green and the were hungry for some red and white paddles. On Saturday we targeted some cuts and waded a bit and we snagged some flounder. Mine on copper chartreuse Trout Killer and they were using full chartreuse curly tails. Can't wait for next years event! TL!
        "Our most great and glorious achievement is to live our life fishingly"

Comment

Sounds like a successful trip . Glad you figured out the best bait and color that would work .
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Way to go get em. Looks like ya'll had a good time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like a good time!
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
              X