11-24-2018 sabine lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11-24-2018 sabine lake

Fished again Sabine and encountered the same miserable brown water as on the 15th . Water temperature was about 65degrees and partly cloudy . Locals still not reporting any flounder in quantity , just 1-2 here and there . I dejectedly paddled farther afield in slack water with no activity . Then the incoming tide started while I was positioned on the incoming side of a point . I was throwing a chartreuse Gulp minnow on a stand up jig . Fish were positioned just past the point . I hooked up what felt like a good flounder that stripped drag and was off . Next cast I hook up and strip drag on what felt like a good trout before it too threw the hook .... argh ! Bait was popping and conditions had changed dramatically. I finally landed two fish with mouths tough enough not to throw a hook , a 20” and 22” red fish . The feeding moved away following the edge of the incoming tide . At least I came away with some fish this time even if they weren’t flounder .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Way to persevere doc....nice report as always.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Tim , buddy .

Comment

Is that near where you and I fished that day we went?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X