468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello Everyone! Newb and new boat owner looking for a fishing partner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everyone! Newb and new boat owner looking for a fishing partner!

Hello Everyone!

I've been reading this forum for sometime and decided with the purchase of my 2013 Skeeter SX240 it was time to jump in. I've done a little wade fishing around Freeport and on my buddies boat by the Texas City Dike. So needless to say I do not have a lot of experience on the bay's and Galveston area fishery.

I am looking to partner up with a few fisherman who will show me the ropes around the bay's and some general boating do's and don'ts. I certainly do not want to be "that idiot" out on the water. I want to do all of this the smart and responsible way.

I am willing to fish any of the 3 bays along with the Freeport area. I am off every weekend so that is the best times for me to get out on the water unless it's a holiday or a random night trip. I will provide the boat and gas and all you need to bring is your poles and yourself for a day of fishing.

If this is of any interest to anyone, please PM me and we can work something out. Thank you in advance.

Hello All,

Since I see about 70 individuals have viewed my thread and not a single hello or welcome aboard, maybe a better explanation of things is in order. Here goes!

So, I grew up fishing freshwater in San Antonio and would get down to Corpus as often as I could as a teenager and fish the Mustang Island flats. Those were good times chasing tailing reds and hooking up with some yellow mouth sows. No cares in the world, sleeping in the bed of the truck for days on end and just enjoying life lol!

Fast forward to today and I have finally pulled the trigger on my first boat. Granted, i grew up on and around boats my whole life but, this is the first one i have owned. When I stated I was looking for a fishing partner to show me the ropes around the bays, I was in no way looking for your honey holes or fishing spots. I would like to know the certain areas to look out for, shell reefs here, oil & gas pad here, don't go in the area with the wind blowing out this direction type of information. There is a lot to learn about the rules of the road in the bays than there is on the small lakes in San Antonio.

Of course, I would hope to strike up some friendship's and continue fishing more often with these mentor's. Again, if this is something any of you would like to do, please let me know and we can work something out.

Comment

I am on several other forums, but just joined this one because I am in the process of learning west bay. Grew up fishing east bay, trinity and Galveston bay. During summer I do a lot of night time at the Galveston jetties. Me and my wife try to fish almost every weekend. One thing that will help you ALOT is go to trout support dot com and get the reef con. You will be glad you did. With all that said if you would like to make a trip or 2 with us and mark some spots and reef you are welcome, We run a 24 bluewave

Comment

LayedBack1 - Thanks for getting back to me. I am looking into the Reef Con as that looks like a damn good product for sure. I will send you a PM, definitely interested in fishing the jetties and marking some spots.

Comment

Welcome to you both ! Of the 70 viewers , probably only a handful are members of this website and are visitors checking out the place . And I agree , Tobins Trout Support reef chart would be a great idea . He has terrific videos and lure worth getting too .
          The best way to learn West Bay is to book a trip with one of the several fine guides on this website who will show you around West Bay in your boat . Years ago I did that with Steve Soule “ The Shallowist “ and he pointed out routes to take around or through reefs , passage from West Bay to San Luis Pass and out to the gulf , where to fish when , etc . You can mark out routes and places on your gps . Not a fishing trip but a learning experience. It will put you light years ahead in learning West Bay and worth the money. Good luck to you both !
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

welcome

Comment

Welcome guys, I think everyone was on vacation with the holidays
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Welcome aboard Redrunner!
                Give us a little time to get to know and like you.
                In the mean time, trout supports charts are invaluable and there’s nothing like a day out with a good guide to get you started. You can even get them to pilot your boat. Give Captain Glenn Stevens at Coastal guide service or Greg Francis the Aquapimp a call. It’ll be well worth the investment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

X3 on the guide recommendation. This is exactly what I did. Will help shorten the learning curve on where NOT to go.

Also, Google Earth (the app) is great tool to use. Download it and use the "time travel" button to see the bay at various tide levels.

At the end of the day, it's all about just getting out there and spending time on the water.

Enjoy!

-FP

Comment

Working...
                  X